Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Just remember you lot that you're having your portraits done with your bikes. Do you really want folks to see you not looking your best when you are on show for the world at the inaugural Bravo Scozia.

I thought I'd get that in early. ;) Style people, style. Show the Eroica GB lot how it should be done. :)

ZZ convert to 700c, they're just as retro as 27" then your choice of tyre increases. My Dawes Lightning was originally 27" but its been 700c in my ownership, its possible to shoehorn in 38mm wide without guards. Your Puch should have similar capability, say some Michelin World Tours with tan walls in a generous 35mm would look good.

As for style, the tweed and tartan things a bit far, BITD of the bikes mentioned many a working class fellow got out on his bike who couldn't afford Tweed. Battered wool/cotton combo, flat cap and tackety boots for this miners descendant.

New brakes + new wheels + new tyres? I've got tweed to buy man! ;)

Actually, if I had my way, it'd be a mixte and a twin-set and pearls!

velomaniac":1muse6uv said:
As for style, the tweed and tartan things a bit far, BITD of the bikes mentioned many a working class fellow got out on his bike who couldn't afford Tweed. Battered wool/cotton combo, flat cap and tackety boots for this miners descendant.

Check out the video of the CTC on one of my posts with the picture of the Dawes, very dashing I reckon.

zigzag":2xm5qs6g said:
New brakes + new wheels + new tyres? I've got tweed to buy man! ;)

Actually, if I had my way, it'd be a mixte and a twin-set and pearls!

I can lend you a mixte frame, but you're not getting my pearls... :)

27 x 1 1/4 " tyres in a gumwall tourist tread are more than enough for the terrain. As I've said before I've ridden the landrover tracks around Loch Morlich - Boat of Garten on a 70's Dawes Galaxy with panniers without bother. You'll no be racing or catching big air of gnarly dropoffs afterall, its not a mtb event even if mtb's are there.

I've just found out that my Dawes might be a Holdsworth in disguise, so you won't be the only one dressed up as something else. ;)

Stop that Barry, RobMac is my classifieds personal shopper. Anyway, all my bike funds are (half) fat only for the foreseeable...

Latest posts

Back