Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Foxfan":34pov5gu said:
The Dawes sounds just the ticket, Bravo! Re the chain, it has to be sperm oil ...

Would this work?

wDFGOvJ.png

Foxfan":w8p6y2tz said:
At least there is plenty of daylight up here in June.

..and every minute of that daylight my be needed for anyone attempting this on a small wheeled bike!

Sixty miles on these roads/tracks will be a challenge on anything older and certainly anything heavier than needs be.

I would probably err on the side of a light steed, bearing in mind not much extra weight need be hauled thanks to transport for camping gear, so the bike needs to cope with not much more than rider weight.

Thinking cyclo-cross frame built up with some 'comfortable' components.

No need for mudguards, but they would be aesthetically pleasing.

Agreed fattest tyres possible for comfort.

All power to those fit enough to céilidh at the end of such a ride. In my experience, the participants in these type of events usually end up staggering about without the aid of whisky!

No no, he's now got the incentive to fix up his Rudge.

A quick wipe with an oily rag and a few little bits, and he's good to go.

More and more enticed by this! I'm working that weekend but thats what holidays are for eh? I've the ideal bike anaw, should be finished by then too.

I've got a Raleigh Twenty I could use aswell. Less tiny wheels but its a combo of brazed and welded so not really what the organisers after. Annoyingly I've also got two welded mtb's that sit in the 87 or before cut off but again not lugged. All my lugged mtbs are post 87. A well, ebay beckons :roll:

Thinking I'll be gas-piping this on the old Puch - maybe fit wider bars for a bit of comfort, but even that feels like possibly a bit of a cop out. Shame wider 27" tyres are impossible to find (or they where the last time I looked).

Back