MOTOR CHAT

Rigamortiz":1j5aj0hg said:
Glad you guys like it; it's certainly Retro haha.

1272457_10153205304805175_1615496193_o.jpg

Eventual plan is to give it a bit of a refresh paint wise. I don't want to go full restoration on it.
It's solid in all the right areas, but it could use a tidy up that's for sure haha.

Seriously cool !

That is lush, does keeping something like that on the road a bit of a headache or is there a strong clubscene type thing?

Spare parts can be difficult to find sometimes but everything is available at a price

Been spending more time and money on the Disco :roll:

Basically i bought a set of tyres, 285/75/16's got these fitted to the 7x16 steel modulars i had, trouble is a 285 tyre is a bit wide for a 7" rim so i bought a set of 10" wide modulars, these then needed wheel arch extensions to cover them, it's a slippery slope when you start to modify a car :roll:

New arches needed a bit of bodywork triming, three inches all round to be exact.

NmPMWl8l.jpg

Resulted in this.

oYL4M1Ql.jpg

Arches and wheels fitted, decided to re-do the wheels orange as every set of steel modular 4x4 wheels seem to be black, seen a pic of a competition Defender in a mag which was green with orange wheels and random orange bits so copied that.

W3n7i4gl.jpg

BUT, it's sitting slightly nose down as can be seen in this pic, they always sit nose down but it seems to be exagerated with the fitting of the arches so i've bought a pair of 1" spring spacers to fit to the front (job for this weekend) to hopefully level it out.

5YZATjKl.jpg

Would also like to change the standard front shocker turrets (black thing above the tyre seen in this pic) for nice tubular ones simply because they are so visable now.

W3n7i4gl.jpg

In fact pretty much all the suspension and steering is visable with it riding so high so in the spring (and when the Beemer is back on the road) i'll strip and paint it all (springs, shockers, radius arms etc)

1PEkQGGl.jpg

I like Disco's, almost bought a V8 a few years ago when my Classic Range Rover 4.2LSE was ill (HGF) but I decided to buy a FFRR instead

P1000738.jpg

P1000735.jpg

P1000736.jpg

Back