Black ops pugsley

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:oops:

Yeah I have had a pugsley before....and loved it, but thought I'd try another in the next size down (medium 18") and plus this one is good spec from stock with the wider (82mm) holey Darryl's, MWOD cranks and micro shift thumbies that I love.

Stuck the Nate on from my jones, and also have jones loop bars to add when I find a stem and stuck in maxxis downhill tubes to save 90grams per tube over the surlys!....also new saddle to go on when it arrives.

Here it is before it's maiden voyage.

You got rid of the moonlander!

Why back to a pugs ? And not one of the incoming specializeds of treks? Aside from the surly loyalty are they not of more interest ?

Anyway it looks good in black nothing better than a stealthy ride

No brand loyalties for me, just the pugs is a cracking bike and does the job.

I almost got the new carbon beargrease, after a long think however, it wouldn't of suited my needs.

I sold the moonlander on, after almost 2,500miles it was time for a change.

hopper22":2zspvk9r said:
Looks great, what are they like to ride with thoughs huge tyres?

I wonder how I coped without fat tires.

Seriously, the grip and comfort are unreal....yeah they are more draggy when you first ride a fatbike but the weight actually comes into its own when flying along etc.

letmetalktomark":21ohlia0 said:
What's your favoured tyre combination for general trail use?

I prefer Nate front and rear.

Slightly more draggy than the Larry's, but much more grip and braking power off road is immense.

They climb anything if you have the legs for it....

Husker du is also good, it's lighter, grippy, sort of rolls like a Larry but better traction....hard to get hold of but a good all rounder.

Still float on sand too...

Lovely steed Saltyman. I've often said the Fatbike© is where mountain bikes would've gone quite naturally if marketing and money hadn't intervened.

Yeah they would of.....

It's the closest thing to proper mountain biking, strap, stuff to the bike and let the wide tires take you places to explore.

Even fatbikes have evolved since the first surly pugsley came out almost 10yrs ago.....exotic frames, suspension etc.

I still prefer rigid steel though.

Back