ZOOM components

passiflora

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So what sets apart the Ned Overend zoom parts.

Also how many titanium zoom parts where made?.

Pictures would be great!.

Do you like Zoom parts from b.i.t.d...

discuss :)

I love them.

They always seemed decently finished, have never broken on me, reasonably light, cheap, and get up the nose of the snooty.

They are made completely from win.

Neil":smpl31qp said:
I love them.

They always seemed decently finished, have never broken on me, reasonably light, cheap, and get up the nose of the snooty.

They are made completely from win.

Quite right! I luvs 'em too. I have a light, bombproof stem and seatpost still in heavy high mileage everyday use 20 years on. Tidy. They were great value for money at the time, looked fab and have more than proved their worth over the years, unlike some of the more snooty and boutique regulation components.

they were having nice components in those Years!

- Lightweight seatposts (cr-mo) - don't remember exact weight, but really light! lighter then many alloys
wtb.jpg

- nice cr-mo stems - quills also quite light (~260g as I remember), ahead with interesting mounting system (ou don't see any screws)
Clipboard41.jpg

- bars - the one component I didn't seen maded by steel by Zoom Three series - 170, 150 & 130 where the numbers was also the weight (in this picture You could see ahead stem also)
1.jpg

- bullbar - alloy with cr-mo shim (22,2->25,4)
Clipboard24.jpg

-barends - again steel and light (I was comparing them to short Ritchey WSC and weight was a bit less)
rogizoom.jpg

So I do like those components!

I've a completely impractical 150mm zoom stem on my fisher....steering the bike uses the same muscle group as a flymo would......titanium finish, love it to bits!.....the stem of the working class man!.....power to the people!.... :D

Back