GT karakoram inferno for sale 1991 SOLD.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi.

NOW SOLD, THANKS.
Here is what i believe is a 1991 inferno. Tange frame and fork. A complete bike minus wheels and pedals.

size is 18" c-c and top tube of 22" c-c. metal work is straight with a handful of flaws. top tube bar end scrape plus the odd chip. Nothing seized or broken though, the bb has been replaced by me (un53 x122mm) so, no worries there. With a bucket of soapy water and some fresh cabling this will make a nice bike for somebody.

I havn't really got round it properly but i've gone round with a 5mm key and nothing appears to be seized. The u-brake bridge is a tad 'freckly'. I havn't even washed it yet! just need it out of the way. The paintwork appears uniform for colour and wear. not left against shed window for example. in the shade it is a nice fire engine red and, more orangey-red in sunlight.

spec----

original fork and stem. tange headset has no play and fairly smooth.
Seatpost seems to original and has a bontrager saddle on the end of it (some scuffs).
Alloy GT bars with brand new scott grips.
Dx sti 071. the levers are ok but the 3- speed doesn't seem to index, may need de gumming or replacing. However the 7 speed side indexes fine! fancy that! usually the other way round.
front mech is DX and seems ok.
Rear mech DX and seems ok.
chainset mt60 and is in good condition, rings are well used but seem to be functioning ok.
front cantis are m650 and are ok
rear u-brake could be anything, havn't looked for a serial number yet.
After market stickers may hide scratches but havn't tried to remove them either. just saying.

On most occasions bikes come into my care as do-er up-ers so i know the machine intimately however in this case, i can't speak of every last detail. some bits and bobs like blocks, chain may need replacing. But i can speak of it's overall structural integrity and that the usual seized-in suspects are not an issue! It's a used bike so expect tooling marks on nuts and cable rub too.

I will post all you see to uk address for £70. I will also listen to splits after 48hrs.

Also collect for £50

cheers, any questions via here or pm, but dibs or deals to be here first, so i can keep with it all.

Back