'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Nitto for me!

The Nitto is slightly longer and feels a bit more comfortable but I’m not that keen on the brake cable being routed through it, so it’s really 50:50 for me.

The SM900 came with a colour coded stem and I have an NOS XC stem which I was thinking of painting pink, a la SM800… Is it sacrilege to even consider this? untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Initially I preferred the Nitto, but as you have the right spec stem fit that, as for painting a NOS one-why not! :cool:

Super wheels by the way!

I can have my cake and eat it... I sold the 75mm stem and picked up a 110mm instead; just need to paint it white. MS-1400 spec.jpg 110mm stem.jpg

Last edited:
Quick update with some progress.... Stem is now white and I've painted the XC head binder (thought it would be easier than finding one on eBay!). Just need a couple of bits for the other roller cam and the groupset is complete. Cables are in the post and the prototype CL-XC00's should be finished sometime in the New Year. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about; Am I getting excited over this drawing unnecessarily? XC stem.jpg

Last edited:
Best damn paint job I've ever seen on here, pure inspiration. I fancy doing that one frame now, black, white and green skull pattern. Now to find a frame!

Back