Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Got a friend in Tromsø that might be able to lay her hands on Minke whale oil, is that good enough ?

Well, it's all I can get as they stopped selling Sperm oil here a while back, something to do with endangered species. :roll:

I'll ask her to give it a sniff.

With the aquiring of some roadies there has definitely been a fresh injection of lunacy in MacRetro, keep it up :LOL:

bugloss":1z5vig67 said:
40 spokes on the back should carry my ample derriere. Apparently the chain needs an oil :LOL:

I thought it was a bargain, I'll pick it up next week and take it for a spin. There's a 200km gravel road that goes North - South to Germany that I was hoping to do an epic on in the summer too, so it's going to be busy.

It's a bargain alright.

Does it have the Concorde bars?

I'm all for using whale oil. I'm pretty sure it used to be regarded as the good stuff for 3 speed hubs. I'm not so sure about sperm oil - seeing as the way to extract oil is to crush it out, I'm keeping my legs crossed around unlubricated retro bikes.

Surely not! You're thinking of Olives.
So its a Dawes 'Olympic' with 'Concorde' bars? does this mean that it goes awfully fast?

I've no idea what parts it's got on it apart from the ones i can identify from the pictures. It was a case of " Want that one"

It probably won't be going very fast with me on it either. :roll:

Attachments

• i-want-that-one.jpg
    i-want-that-one.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 304
Ah well. Bless. At least there is plenty of daylight up here in June. You wont be needing the acetylene lamps.
Or Oil lamps... Mornington Crescent!

Back