Arran Road Circuit - Saturday November 2nd

Re: Arran Road Circuit - Early November - 2nd Nov Probably

47p2 must be right keen as he's laid out the plan perfectly, i need not say anymore.

Going to be a long day for me,set off about 0615 for 0700 train to Glasgow to get the 0834 to Ardrossan harbour. Ah well stuff thats worth doing is never easy. Sunday 3rd shall be spent asleep all day !

Can you organise a Spring ride there as I'd love to go. Going to the Cotswolds in November so can't do both :(

Technically if I'd read the rules properly I shouldn't be organising a run on the 2nd as it clashes with the Retrobike National you are attending. But the cotswold may aswell be on the darkside of the Moon for there being any chance of us lot getting there.
Could easily do Arran again in the Spring although a similar run in the same area called the 5 ferries is on my to do list. Cycling around the Firth of Clyde area linking via 5 ferries so getting to a ferry on time injects a degree of urgency !

Rules Shmules, I'll look out for your rides as they sound great, although for me I may as well be going to the moon too, but what's a little bit of driving now and then.... I can do the beginnings of the month only as that fits in with my visits to London for work type stuff.

Loads of quiet roads here but no retro rides, so I'll have to travel anyway :roll:

velomaniac":1lhci1tu said:
47p2 must be right keen as he's laid out the plan perfectly, i need not say anymore.

Ha ha, :LOL: :LOL: I copied and pasted from a local CC webpage as they had done this route recently so just check the train times have not changed to a winter schedule

What's the script with bikes, are we keeping it retro or can we ride modern?
Are mudguards required or do we just keep in front to save getting sprayed? :shock:
Yes I'm expecting it to be raining :cry:

I and most of MacRetro are not sticklers for Retro machinery, to be into retrobikes is more important than actually riding them. With road bikes I cant actually ride them without suffering neck and back pain so tend to go for flat barred alternatives. I'll be there on something bodged together from road and mtb sources that will have an emphasis on comfort over speed. Equip as you feel sensible.
If its forecast to be hosing it down all day the run will probably not happen, but if its just showers/changeable I think most folk will cope.

I think Brian might be coming down for this if he can get away.
I will have a 6 or 7 hour drive to get down so dont call it off at the last minute :)
I may head to the inlaws the night before or if Brian does come I may just join up with him at Dingwall, around 1am.
Who knows, i plan better the night before ;)

Jamie

I'm going to try to make this.

Already built up a beautiful wheel for the Grundleigh-Oldthwatt Sisyphus Sports Special.

I'm sure it's going to be retro enough :)

If forcast is for heavy rain and likely ferry disruption then you can assume it'll not happen but will go ahead otherwise. Working on my hodgepodge road/mtb with tech split between 70's/80's/90's/noughties.
Be good to see both Jamie and Brian !

Back