Giant ATX Team DH (Rob Warner Replica)

Re: Giant ATX DH Team (So Close)

I was so close and then I found out my NOS custom rear shock from the states was shot and blew without being put on the bike, sealing issue apparently. After a few emails and some postage costs it came yesterday no more leak and working just fine. I just put in on the bike so heres an image for you.

I have had issues trying to track down a pair of 2000 boxxers in red so I may have to suck it up and just put a black pair on or a 2001 cherry red pair until I get my hands on a 2000 pair.

Still waiting on front rotor and seatpost to get here from the UK.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,041

Rotor and post arrived today after 4 weeks in the post, what a joke I thought for the first time something my old man has send got lost but luck kinda is on my side.

Im going to have to wait for my tyres the wire bead could not be squeezed into a small enough package.

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 993
  • rotor.jpg
    rotor.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 993
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 993

Turn that disk round...

The arms should be facing forward not back as the wheel is rotating - advice I got from hope years ago, keeps the disk in tension when braking.....

boxxer":321pegy6 said:
Turn that disk round...

The arms should be facing forward not back as the wheel is rotating - advice I got from hope years ago, keeps the disk in tension when braking.....

Also thanks to boxxer for the rotor, also thanks for that info It was only quick for the pic those bolts are hardly done up and it was something I was actually going to ask hope or google but you just answered it for me.

Chris you know it, got one last thing to do.

Really looking forward to seeing this done. You really do have the patience of a Saint. I'd be truly hopeless at a period correct build because I'd get bored and take short cuts!

Just out of interest, do you intend to use it much?

Mindmap3":222zsbh7 said:
Really looking forward to seeing this done. You really do have the patience of a Saint. I'd be truly hopeless at a period correct build because I'd get bored and take short cuts!

Just out of interest, do you intend to use it much?

Its funny cause I have zero patience. Ive just always needed a certain part for the bike for it to be a full build, I still don't have the right forks and do not wanna build it for building sake and then upgrade.

I do not intend to use it much, I'm getting soft in my old age its going to go off road maybe once and then be the bike that collects the bread and milk midweek maybe.

Im in the market for a Santa Cruz Bronson build not sure what yet but it will be a built around the new RS Pikes.

Re: Giant ATX DH Team (Forks Arrived)

Pretty stoked on these, I didnt want to post to soon and it was as if someone didn't want me to finish this build. I have been waiting for 2 weeks for them to come in the post from Victoria even thou they were registered.

They were listed on ebay at the start of the month and the listing was not great as it just said "rock shox boxxers" search boxxers on ebay and you hardly get a thing. I thought i was going to get them for a super cheap but others put pay to that I ended up getting them for $200 which for there age and condition is pretty amazing actually they should of gone for a lot more my top bid was $400 as I was desperate.

So here they are 2000 RockSshox Boxxer (They even came with the manual still in its original bag unopened)

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 856
  • forkss.jpg
    forkss.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 858
  • forksss.jpg
    forksss.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 857
  • forkssss.jpg
    forkssss.jpg