Grove Innovations workshop pictures----1989 or 1990

Grove88

Retro Newbie
I raced on the Grove Team for a few years. I wanted to share these pictures. They clearly show Bill's attention to quality. I hope you enjoy them. It was a pleasure racing for Bill Grove, we all had a great time.

Attachments

• BillGroveWorking.jpg
    BillGroveWorking.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 520
  • Brazing_1.jpg
    Brazing_1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 520
  • DetailHeadtube.jpg
    DetailHeadtube.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 521
  • Frame_Jig.jpg
    Frame_Jig.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 521
  • FrameTriangles.jpg
    FrameTriangles.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 521
  • GroveMachining.jpg
    GroveMachining.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 520
  • GroveShop.jpg
    GroveShop.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 520
  • RackofForks.jpg
    RackofForks.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 520
Great Pics! Thanks for posting them!

Did you race on any of the Aermet tubed frames? I have one with "TEAM 001" stamped on the bottom bracket shell and I'm curious who it might have belonged to.

No I did not race with the Aermet, just the True Temper 4130 Aircraft Cro-Moly Tubing. I cannot help you with the serial number, I have no record of those. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

Super pic's! Got any more to share? Forgive my ignorance, but where was the painting done? On site as well?

I believe these photos were taken when the painting was done at another location. He later moved the shop to a bigger location that did have a paint area. Bill did some of the painting but I remember that he had a full time painter that did a lot of the wild splash, fade and cracked effect work. I do not have any other shop pictures, but I do have some photos of the team, my jerseys, t-shirts and other Grove items. I will be posting them later.

Attachments

• RackofHammerHeads.jpg
    RackofHammerHeads.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 416
Fantastic! Beautiful frames and a very well organised shop judging by from the pictures.

Back