Hypercracker

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just turned up a hypercracker in a job lot of stuff. Realised I haven't seen one in years. Is there much call for them these days?

Never heard of one before, I had to google it. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it wasn't something you could eat with cheese. :D

Funnily enough I was just thinking about these this morning.
They were made by Pamir Engineering if I recall correctly.

Anyway I have been looking for one for several years, so if it is surplus to your requirements then I reckon I'd be able to give it a good home.

Are these the bottle opener type tool, with a bit that looks like a crown punched into it........that takes the lock ring off, whilst propped against the chain stay?......

I had (have?) one, it broke from overuse and was welded back together. I wouldn't use one on a lightweight frame.

hypercracker.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They work really well.....I would also point out that I never overload a lock ring. Pinch tight with normal tools has always been sufficient, in order that removal never needs big spanner loads......the cracker will then do the job with the wheel out of the bike, rag over cassette for purchase and a rubber mallet on the cracker.....

Back