Can this frame be rescued??

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Found a cheap 1993 S-Works steel in original condition, but had a dent in the toptube.... Bought it anyway!
What do you think? Can it be rescued? If so, how? The dent is a bit big to fill it IMO... :?

Grotefoto-W6MAHLRW.jpg

Grotefoto-HFLOZWWI.jpg

Grotefoto-LZXIVEQT.jpg

As above!
I've always wanted to try the blocking the holes in the end of the tubes and pressurising with air to push the dents out. I don't have the equipment though!

WD Pro":k81cnh2e said:
Anything can be fixed - but how much do you want to spend ... ?

WD :D

Don't want to replace the tubes if that's what you mean....
A good, cheapish option is what I am looking for...

Rampage":32s7j46z said:
I've always wanted to try the blocking the holes in the end of the tubes and pressurising with air to push the dents out. I don't have the equipment though!

Will it not weaken the tube?

zetecmk2":1k0852mn said:
a pin puller will sort that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwIUv47BXao
go see a accident repair bodyshop and offer a panelbeater a drink.....don't try and go through the company, they won't wanna know! :(

I thought about that, but I was told it would weaken the tube. With a little dent in a car panel it's not a problem, but the tubes of a frame could he compared to the chassis of a car.... :?

I don't think you can push it out with air - but I've heard of doing it by pumping in oil with a grease gun. I can't remember the link though - I think it was via Tom Ritchey.

Back