WANTED: someone with a stuck seatpost.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've made something to saw out stuck seatposts.
I need someone with a stuck seatpost who wants to saw it out and save their frame!

Got one well and truly stuck here - or half a one, cut down to about an inch above top of seatpost. Already tried the hacksaw blade technique, but gave up and just about to try the caustic soda trick. Open to suggestions/pioneering solutions.

Aching arm and feeling I was getting nowhere. Too much seatpost still in frame. I've sawn out an old stuck seatpost in the past, but that one only went down about three inches. This one is probably a 350mm seatpost three-quarters of the way into the frame.

Hi I'm new but wish I had joined before, had a stuck seat post on my GT, in the end gave it to an old school engineer who has now sorted it for me.
I tried to use a hacksaw it was 8" in and I was getting nowhere hope your method works

:)

Hi ,I have removed a few using the hacksaw blade method,slow and laborious,and best done over a few sessions with a mate involved.Have you made a holder for the blade,?,,, imo that would make all the difference as you can't put any pressure on the blade without it bending and jumping out of "groove"..I'm intrigued,,Shame I've done mine.Best of luck with the buisness,,a very impresive array of skills and equipment and some lovely finished items.Good website also.
Mark

Aaaah! Just looked on your Facebook page. I see the principle - the hacksaw blade is held in a long rod with only enough of the blade sticking out to cut through the seatpost without damaging the seat tube. Great idea - but you're in Manchester and I'm in Edinburgh, so, given my lack of engineering abilities/facilities, it looks like I'm stuck with the caustic soda method.

Got three and I'm off to buy some ammonia tomorrow.

Saw (if you'll forgive the pun) your tool on another thread Rampage, very impressive!

Might have to cajole you into making one to sell (as I'm in Brighton) if I get to the point where there's no option but to destroy the post(s).

I have at least one that is well and truly stuck Chris. Aluminium post in an aluminium frame.
The rest of the frame is a bit knackered so not a problem if things don't quite go to plan.

PM me and we'll sort something if you want.

Back