Muddy Fox Sorcerer

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Picked this up on Sunday. Was outed by Archemist (Thankyou again!) Perfect for my intended use as a canal path cruiser (with child seat)

Took it out straightaway Sunday night for a very brief test.

IMG_0150_zps66f5c4b8.jpg
[/URL]

Its in pretty good shape but unfortunately the nice Tange Muddy Fox headset was completely shagged and the freehub was slipping (and also the brakes were set up the wrong way round!)

So it made sense to strip it.

IMG_0165_zps21d7659e.jpg

I had a Stronglight headset in my spares box which I fitted and I added a load of grease to the BB which I assume must be new because there wasn't a mark on it.

The Tange Infinity sticker was peeling and I noticed something else underneath... It was a Tange DB Cromo sticker! Ah well! Bare frame weight is 5lbs 5oz.

Some nice bits on it- Avocet saddle, nice light Kalloy post, 600mm wide alloy bars. The Shimano stuff is in great shape- the LX brifters look like new- no marks at all!

Will stick it all back together asap.

Oh yeah I sprayed some lube into the freehub and its OK now- must have been some old old grease.

a lovely lovely bike - great score, not many of these on here

this era of fox ride as well as anything

wonder how many courier and courier comps they sold for everyone of these, at least 10 or 20 to 1 I think?

(not that there anyhing wrong with a C or CC btw - big fan of those too!)

this and the yello campy clockwork are burning proof that ebay still has lots of gems on offer

cool paint, good size, nice bike!

also once rebuilt could you get some chunky amberwalls on it, raise the seatpost, level the saddle and then take load of photos, before sticking the child seat on!

Thanks chaps- I am happy with it for sure and at £65 it was a bargain.

And Nick I will do all that stuff :cool: + take it for a unchildseated ride and try and take some decent outdoor photos too.

Archemist":1xfod6nt said:
I'd put that infinity sticker back if I was you...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24047&hilit=muddy+fox]

Glad it turned out ok - I would have loved that, a top end steel 89 to go with my Alu :cool:

And

Just had a look at your Alu- looking very good.

Its likely that I'll take the Tange DB sticker off as its not central on the seat tube! I've kept the Infinity sticker so...

Manaaged to sneak a little ride today. 2.1 Splashback wouldn't fit on the rear! So I had to fit a 1.8. Will be running slicks and a child seat soon lol

That's two of these on here now. Baz77 has a mint one that won bike of the ride at this years peaks ride, so well liked bikes in the retrobike corridors of power. The 89s had great geometry too so ride really well. Infinity tubing was just a rebrand of the previous dB tubeset though, so its probably an early frame.
The lx kit is very underrated too I fitted full lx to my courier comp and it performs better than the xt and xtr on my butler.

Carl

Back