NOS Early '90s Panasonic PR-6000

Thanks Gio, the feature is coming right up! Also, I think your intended reserve price seem fair given what the last nice PR-6000 sold for.

14h to go. Than we will know whether it matches the going of speedbicycles' example.

2325 dollar, reserve not met.

I could imagine that as a buyer I would feel a bit discouraged when bidding is at 2000 and reserve still isn't met.

bruce.of.zurich":2sjeunhf said:
. If you like to credit the source, please use Granciclismo.com as bruce.of.zurich is only the ID I use here, and I would happily change it if only that were possible :D

Cheers,
Gio

Why not submit a request to John to have your user I.D changed
I personally know of two people who frequent the >97 MTB section who have done so.

Navada Smith is now Coleman
AmeyBrook is now RideVintage

not sure how they went about it but it can be done

BTW that is one nice road bike you have there,

Elev12k":bdg6giyl said:
2325 dollar, reserve not met.

I could imagine that as a buyer I would feel a bit discouraged when bidding is at 2000 and reserve still isn't met.

True, I would feel the same. I'll do a second round with a BIN price

Retro Spud":1y8sb5a5 said:
bruce.of.zurich":1y8sb5a5 said:
. If you like to credit the source, please use Granciclismo.com as bruce.of.zurich is only the ID I use here, and I would happily change it if only that were possible :D

Cheers,
Gio

Why not submit a request to John to have your user I.D changed
I personally know of two people who frequent the >97 MTB section who have done so.

Navada Smith is now Coleman
AmeyBrook is now RideVintage

not sure how they went about it but it can be done

BTW that is one nice road bike you have there,

Interesting. I have been using the Forum for advertising my auctions and little else. I feel bad asking anything at all!

Relisted with buy now for $2600
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-90s-Panas ... 2ecb576689

... and it did not sell. Maybe we'll see it next year for $2700?

NOS might be retro and the looks are nice but this particular bike has absolutely no history. It was overpriced all of its 20 years. So it only gathered dust somewhere. Here's a piece of history:

rhm.JPG

Guy Nulens 1992 pr-6000
(Still needs BR-7403 and HP-7400 to complete)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
KM-vreter,

A similar bike did sell for over 2800 dollars a year ago, so overpriced? I doubt. Nice example you have there btw.

I very well remember getting the catalog in the lbs in the early nineties. The 1991 catalog including pricelist. Both can be viewed in the gallery. Retail for the PR-6000 was 6998 guilders, what was a serious lot of money you will know. Other highlights in the catalog are the drawing showing all tubes in main triangle have the 28.6mm diameter, the MC-Pro MTB in team colors and the radical MC-Comp e-stay.

Elev12k":2sqceo3p said:
KM-vreter,

A similar bike did sell for over 2800 dollars a year ago, so overpriced? I doubt. Nice example you have there btw.

I very well remember getting the catalog in the lbs in the early nineties. The 1991 catalog including pricelist. Both can be viewed in the gallery. Retail for the PR-6000 was 6998 guilders, what was a serious lot of money you will know. Other highlights in the catalog are the drawing showing all tubes in main triangle have the 28.6mm diameter, the MC-Pro MTB in team colors and the radical MC-Comp e-stay.

Thanks.

With my remark "overpiced" I'm just stating the fact it never sold before due to it's price. If the price had been right along the course of its life it would have found an owner. Probably the owner never wanted to sell the bike in the first place. I understand it is very hard to part with such a beautiful bike.

The 6998 is about 3175 euro with inflation correction of about 2% a year this is around 4800 euro today. So in respect $2800 = E2100 is a bargain. However if you buy last years high end model that costed 5000 euro you could get a discount of up to 30%. The NOS panasonic was discounted 30% after 20 years! Imo its just retro. It will never be vintage.

First I thought about selling my panasonic when it was finished. Now I'm not so sure anymore and would probably alse only sell if someone would offer some ludicrous price.

Back