Crank & SPDs

gmjgreg7

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Looking to replace the heavyweight cranks on my Saracen bike. I'm just using it for commuting so something significantly lighter would be spot on, I'm also looking to switch to clip in pedals... The current ones on the bike are original and although I'm thinking of going for flat pedals on my off road bike I could really use the pull up ability of the clip in pedals.

I have no idea on sizes etc so any advice would be much appreciated. The thread on my bike is in my signature, hopefully someone out there has exactly what I'm after!

Cheers,
Greg

I've got Deore lX M550 chainset for sale for 33GBp (including shipping ofc)
PM me if You're interested - I'll make few pics

Just to clarify... This is a slightly ropey shot of my current setup:
file.php

I think the current specs on the bike are as follows:
Cranks - Shimano [Altus]
Pedals - Victor Lube system

Ideally it would be great to get lighter cranks that will be a straight swap but let me know what you have.

Cheers,
Greg

^^ forget this is Deore LX chainset ;)
that's looks like an ordinary low end crankset (Tourney or Altus) with steel rings - so the 2nd end of scale comparing to Deore parts ;)

I might have a pair of M324 SPD pedals available, these are the ones that are shaped like a normal metal caged pedal with one side for SPD's - they're ideal starter pedals and great if you can't be bothered to wear clipless shoes once in a while :)

I was thinking that £10 posted would be alright, they're a bit worn but function perfectly. Let me know if you fancy them and I'll PM some pictures over...

you definitely want to replace the crank with something forged and alloy rings, but you could also shave a bunch of weight by going to a Ti BB.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to sell a ti BB.

Back