*** Travis Brown's Bradbury FS Manitou ***

I had a Marin FRS briefly which had the (almost) same back end. It had the same steel bushes as this. If there's no play in the rear end I'd leave it alone.

Member: danson67 has worked on one of these so speak to him if you have any worries.

Beautiful machine, so glad you're going to leave it as is :cool:

As for the missing-bolt mystery - check out the second scan from Player, there's a close-up of the rear-end with zip-ties threaded through the open bushes... (wow lot of hyphens going on there :shock: )

beepbeep":3iumuq64 said:
Beautiful machine, so glad you're going to leave it as is :cool:

As for the missing-bolt mystery - check out the second scan from Player, there's a close-up of the rear-end with zip-ties threaded through the open bushes... (wow lot of hyphens going on there :shock: )

Brilliant. Great eye. That's how this bike was ridden as well. I will know for sure when I hear back from Travis. There is a zip tie going through one side of ours right now. My guess is this was how they were doing it on the first models prior to the black bolt taking the place of the zip tie.

theproscloset":1pp3xlni said:
This definitely is showing the black bolt.

Can anyone take this bolt off of their Manitou and photograph it individually?

The black bolt isn't a bolt its just an expanding plastic clip that retains a metal bracket that holds the rear shifter cable in place as it makes it way to the rear mech by making use of the hollow bushings

not the best picture below I know but might help

also worth looking at is this link to the service guide, albeit its for M3's but the pivot bushings look almost the same.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... k.pdf.html

Attachments

• rear end.jpg
    rear end.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 635
  • rear pivots.png
    rear pivots.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 635
  • cable holder.jpg
    cable holder.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 635
Thank you! That solves the "mystery" and it looks like the bike is exactly how it should be. Travis was using the zip tie you can see in the photos to take place of that "bolt" to act as a cable guide for the rear derailleur.

I think the Manitou FS is the sexiest old school bike in existance. I plan to find one eventually, its become my grail bike because every time I see one it just looks so "right". Only downside is trying to find one that has no cracks in it....

uno-speedo":2ny44hpg said:
pete_mcc should be able to help, shame his photos have disappeared:

viewtopic.php?t=27147

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31739&hilit=manitou

Think my host died, here's some of my Bradbury (although it now lives with a new owner in Swizzleland):

7c6cb424.png

c0e5444e.jpg

8ef1c2e8.jpg

Yours is a little different, with the Manitou2 rear end bolted on to the Bradbury front (although it wouldn't be a production rear end, more likely a Bradbury made pre production Manitou 2 rear). What's the rear hub spacing, 135mm or 145mm?

And your big challenge is to find the original prototype, handmade Manitou2 front forks that originally graced this bike as shown on this shot:
download/file.php?id=240340

Talked with Travis about the fork sanctions and those have NOT slipped. He had them set up like that for handling characteristics.

The bike is a rider and exactly how Travis meant it to be. Bushing etc. All is legit and NOTHING is missing here.

Back