Vitus ZX1 / Peugeot Team Line 2000

Tsmith

Dirt Disciple
Due to a new bike I've decided to sell my Vitus.
I believe the frame set dates back to the early 1990's, I've owned it my self since the mid 90's where I raced on it for a couple of years before putting into storage until August this year where I rebuilt with some new components and have done 600 miles on it in the last couple of months.
The frame set is a carbon monoqoque approx 56cm c-t-t with alloy forks, has a Vitus headset and Mavic bottom bracket and 175mm chain set with 42/52 rings.
Comes with Mavic 3 G wheel set, the front is in good condition but the rear has cracked and so would need to be repaired or replaced, I believe the hubs are inter changeable so you could put the rear hub into the front wheel if you wished, I've been riding a set of Campag wheels in the bike for the past few months.
The rest of the bike has been built up 2013 Campagnolo Veloce group set including ergo leavers, front and rear calipers, front and rear mechs. 3TTT quil stem 13 cm and 44cm bars, the carbon seat post has been replaced as it was damaged and now has a Deda Elementi alloy post and Selle Italia saddle.
The bike looks great and still rides well and deserves to be ridden rather than being stored for another 15 years!!
Please do let me know if you are interested or if you would like any other information.

Price in the region of £1500 offers invited

Thanks for looking

Photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5,372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5,373
I saw a ZX1 sell online for £1200 last month with tat on it and the wrong decals. The 3Gs are worth £700 alone.
You should really put it on PinkBike or eBay - the Japanese are notoriously avid
collectors of the ZX1 and they always buy or bid heavily.

Thanks for the advise - I'm not sure on the price, depends if some one is interested as a frame set or complete bike

Its best to go where the collectors of these rare bikes are (they only made about 800, if you had a Vitus badged one <300). Pinkbike or Ebay, you'd easily get in excess of £1000, probably closer to £1500.

You'd be lucky to get half that from a UK buyer. The Japanese are completely bonkers for early monocoque carbon, and the ZX1 especially. I sold one to a Taiwanese collector five years ago and bitterly regret it now!

I'll try listing it on eBay at the weekend unless there's any interest here, need to free up some space for a new project!

Put it on fixed price for £1500 and 'Make best offer'. I'm sure it won't hang about long. You'd be best listing it for worldwide shipping. Transglobal Express would ship it securely to Japan for about £100

Wow I love that...

I know you said it's approx 56cm but can I ask what height you are please?

Back