Help needed with GT RTS

stesnape

Old School Hero
Hi, can anyone out there help me? I have a GT RTS1 frame that I'm doing up, does anyone know how to remove the plastic bushes from the pivot housing on the seat tube? Also, does anyone know where to get new ones? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Cheers, but I've looked at these. My frame is a 1994 and seems to have a different bush set up to these. Thanks for looking though.

stesnape":9100z13k said:
Hi, can anyone out there help me? I have a GT RTS1 frame that I'm doing up, does anyone know how to remove the plastic bushes from the pivot housing on the seat tube? Also, does anyone know where to get new ones? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

With a lot of force and no hope of not wrecking them.

stesnape":9100z13k said:
Cheers, but I've looked at these. My frame is a 1994 and seems to have a different bush set up to these. Thanks for looking though.

The BETD kit is an upgrade and will fit all. If you buy the bearing kit for the dropout pivot you'll have to have the original bore increased in diameter to accept the bearings.

Cheers for that, I've managed to get the bushings out by getting the powder coater to melt them out using his oven. No sign of any damage :LOL:

Back