*** Travis Brown's Bradbury FS Manitou ***

player":1jn78ge4 said:
Giom6":1jn78ge4 said:
theproscloset":1jn78ge4 said:
What is everyone's opinion about cleaning this bike up? Since we are displaying it in our museum we are wondering if we take the time to take it apart and detail each piece and put it back. Keeping the original everything in place, just cleaning / degrease / lubing it and rebuilding. Keeping the OG Cables etc.

Or do you just leave it as it was after its last ride?

What do you think?

Leave as is I reckon.

Much better the way it is.

With Gio on this one.

If Travis was the last person to set this bike up to his exact preference then I'd leave it alone knowing it's exactly set up for him and him alone.

It would be part of the history I guess :cool:

That's my intuition as well and why we have left it as is.

We also have the MTB he won the Marathon National Championships on as well as his Olympic Bike. The bike from Nationals still has the mud on it which I think adds to how awesome it is.

//nm

player":1nwje7vr said:
With Gio on this one.

If Travis was the last person to set this bike up to his exact preference then I'd leave it alone knowing it's exactly set up for him and him alone.

It would be part of the history I guess :cool:

+1

The crap / Patina call it what you will ...is priceless, wash that off and you've lost a large part of its history.

TBH the current look tells you more about where its been than a page full writting

Nice score Nick,

Always love to see what you're going to come up with next :)

Didn't Jurgen Benik ride a full suspension Mani in the World Cup downhill series in 92/93?

Remembered watching him riding on Eurosport and hearing the suspension bottom out something terrible on the loaf size rocks :D

theproscloset":2y6zlcwd said:
We also have the MTB he won the Marathon National Championships on as well as his Olympic Bike. The bike from Nationals still has the mud on it which I think adds to how awesome it is.

//nm

Where do you find all these bikes? :shock:

Giom6":3w1nc2xx said:
theproscloset":3w1nc2xx said:

//nm

Where do you find all these bikes? :shock:

I raced professionally for a number of years with the Trek/VW team and have built relationships with the fellow athletes.

boxxer":14my6o2l said:
Leave it but get those bushes sorted!!

The one in this ad is mine and you can see what you need to sort....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141607&hilit=Manitou+FS

I have talked with Martin about this bushing conversation and we both don't think this is missing anything. I see what is on the later Manitous (black bolt going through the bushing) but still not convinced this was how the bike came in 91. Definitely on later ones.

I'm waiting to hear back from Travis and will reference old photos of him riding the bike to verify the "mystery bolt".

This definitely is showing the black bolt.

Can anyone take this bolt off of their Manitou and photograph it individually?

Attachments

• cddb2d83.jpg
    cddb2d83.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 184
Back