Normally mild mannered but this really annoys me ...

Just to add another 2p - would the BBC fund me to visit the TdF, Giro and Vuelta and i could show the glitzy side of the racing and then the dark underbelly of each city they visit? Apparently there are people called Mafia in a country called Italy and apparently, so legend goes, they are not very nice people - could be very interesting in a programme. Oh, and apparently there is somewhere in Paris where marijuana can be bought - how can this be?? In one of the nicest cities in the world - drugs for sale - i am horrified and sickened. I could then interview the mayor and ask him what he is doing about it and try and make him look stupid (hopefully his bodyguards would give me a good kicking just for being so inane - as i deserve it).

On a serious point (LOL), this girl's programmes do not provide any information that is new to me and they seem like an excuse to visit great holiday destinations - but who pays - the tv licence? I think it is the completely vacuous questions that she asks that annoys me so much, my 7 year old would ask more interesting questions.

An example -

Q. Mr Mayor, holidaymakers have paid for a sunshine break in your resort and it rained yesterday, are you trying to rip off us Brits?

A. I am sorry Stacey, but we have no control over the weather.

Q. No control, the holiday brochure said 'sunshine', you have hoodwinked the British holidaymakers

A. Stacey, I am sorry but some things are not in the control of the local government.

Q. So what you are saying Mr Mayor, is that this weather conspiracy reaches to the top of your government?

A. Stacey, we try out best here to provide a good experience for all holidaymakers but we cannot control the weather - i am sorry but the weather may be under the control of an even higher authority than the governement.

Q. Thank you Mr Mayor for the interview although it did not provide me with the answers i need.

Stacey (to camera) "Well, we can see that the mayor knows what is going on and won't do anything about it, i just want to know who controls the weather, it might be the government, it might be some mythical crime syndicate or, i think, it might be a unicorn in the clouds peeing on us Brits. Whatever or whoever it is, i am going to make sure that i don't find out and i am going back to the resort to party while you all wonder what purpose i have in life."

Am i turning into a documentary snob in my old age?

Richard

I think they still make a programme called Points Of View with our money as well.

She is a young lass, I happen to think she makes watch-able TV, and as far as documentaries go they work.

technodup":2w9t6fl6 said:
TGR":2w9t6fl6 said:
i am annoyed
BBC3 would annoy anyone over 14.

Fair point. I only watch it for Russell Howard's Good News, and even that's off-air at present. Otherwise, it's basically the Beeb's answer to ITV2/Channel 5. BBC4 on the other hand - now you're talking.

David

TBH, the target audience is not world weary, cynical, middle aged, taxpayers.

It's aimed at late teens through to mid 20s, probably half illiterate (or endlessly drunk), party animals.

And if it makes a few of them think about what sort of social environment they are supporting as they drink, shag, vomit and fight their way through a weeks holiday in the sun, its probably worth it.

And i wouldn't be at all surprised if she behaved in a similar manner not too long ago.

I don't know what channel it was on (C4?) but I saw a bit of Educating Yorkshire the other day (although it should more accurately have been called Social Working Yorkshire).

If that is in any way representative it's no wonder kids are behind most of our competitors and it explains why we have BBC3 to cater for them.

I think i must be a docu-snob!!! I caught a bit of the Prague programme - and really I think the problem that she has is that she does not understand the subtleties of language. When a guy says to her that having a brothel is illegal in Prague and that they provide 'entertainment' for guests privately she does not understand this even after the guy saying it five or more times.

If you read the previous sentence where I have put the word entertainment in speech marks - I suspect she would not understand that. Hard to explain but very irritating. And again, she spoke to the mayor and belittled him - that just annoys me.

I think a discussion with her an Paxo would prove interesting and i suspect blood would flow!

Richard

After two minutes I have idenified the problem. She has a mental block concerning the le-er T in the middle of words such as par-ee (party) etc. TV such as this is aimed at people younger than my offspring. It works for them innit.

Now, back to Alec in Smiley's People....

I am not sure who it is targeted at. I know it is all very young etc but it still looks like a holiday and someone's expense to me.

I would be interested to see her do a show about London, Glasgow or Belfast - seriously, all have problems and she could have the same attitude to what goes on. I did not mention Wales as i have not been there. An interview with the Lord Mayor of Belfast would be really interesting although Sinn Fein have given up on violence - maybe she would alter their armistice.

Richard

Back