Chicksands - THURS NIGHT RIDES!

Not attending tonight - I'm heading to Glentress/ Innerleithan after work 2nite. See you next week for sure!

Have a good'n

Looks like you guys are having a ball- love the videos and the lycra :LOL:

Chicksands seems to be a good mix of tough climbs and fast runs- perfect for craming in alot of fun quickly.

Mind you, you could get lost in that undergrowth :shock:

Looks like you guys are having a ball- love the videos and the lycra

Chicksands seems to be a good mix of tough climbs and fast runs- perfect for craming in alot of fun quickly.

Mind you, you could get lost in that undergrowth

That sums it up pretty well :LOL:

A fun ride tonight with 'Talkative Tim' and 'Neill the Crash Monkey'........I'll leave him to dispense the details, but don't be surprised if you see a post saying "tell me about body armour" :twisted:

Great ride again last night....guess who was feeling overconfident and overcooked it.....twice.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't do 'air' but last night was jumping off all the berms and drop offs quite happily....gave it way to much speed on the downhill finish to the berms and did a massive over the bars faceplant in the ferns....meteor sized swathe cut on one of the bends :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Visiting Cannock dude Tim then stuck his into/up a small tree and some very thick undergrowth on the singletrack....still clipped in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sadly the pièce de résistance came from me on the drop off at the end of the Technical Trials section....did it twice ok, third time landed ok then stuck the front wheel into a hollow....not entirely sure what happened (Jango and Tim can tell you cos I landed at their feet :oops: ) but got handlebars stuck in my ribs and I'm fairly sure I've cracked a rib :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rode out the woods in pain and had an awkward drive home....hit the codeine tablets as soon as I got in....still severe this morning, more codeine tablets and wearing Crocs to work cos I couldn't bend down to do my shoes up :oops: :oops:

Sounds like a very eventfull evening ;)

I try and avoid air too, generally bumping off the curb tends to give me a nose bleed. Hope you are feeling better soon, but watch out for the codeine man, that stuff really bags you up if you catch ma drift- and as for crocs ............ :shock: are they no the plastic shoes that girls love?

clockworkgazz":1xy3psmo said:
but watch out for the codeine man, that stuff really bags you up if you catch ma drift-
I'll live with that cos this 'kin hurts :cry:

clockworkgazz":1xy3psmo said:
and as for crocs ............ :shock: are they no the plastic shoes that girls love?

Hmmm yeah, them... :LOL: :LOL: they were originally an outdoor/boating shoe but girls do seem to like them.....if its any consolation mine are plain black and don't have flowers clipped into them :LOL:

:LOL:

Why not put a couple of retro bike stickers on them, or even better, a paul's badge on them and I'm sure someone will buy them for a gazillion pounds :D .

TheGreenRabbit":3g4m72xe said:
If it hurts when you breath, its a cracked rib, try laughing that realy hurts.

Yes :roll: :roll: :roll: and going over bumps in my car, and reaching to change gear :roll: :roll:

(and I was hoping to ride with you guys on Monday :cry: )

Back