29.5 seat post

So it 29.5 rarer than the proverbial rocking horse s*** then?

I will try a 29.6 and see if it fits, the syncros sounds lovely

I can count the number of bikes I've worked on with "odd" sized round posts (not on a 0,2mm) on the fingers of one hand............. Most of them weird one offs or really old.

I'll take that as a yes then. I don't think the tubeset for this frame was especially unusual though - some kind of Tange so it must have been mass produced. Maybe they just got a job lot of 29.5 posts cheap because they were slightly out of spec. 29.6s!

mattr":16i3gexj said:
I can count the number of bikes I've worked on with "odd" sized round posts (not on a 0,2mm) on the fingers of one hand............. Most of them weird one offs or really old.

well 30.9 is one of the two modern standards and I worked at a Giant dealer for three years so I can't count the number of odd sized seatposted bikes I have worked on... It's in the 100s if not over 1000... but yeah any other odd size besides 30.9 is truly bizarre.

It's correct it is 29.5 and it's a pain to find one, but they do turn up fom time to time, you can get away with 29.4 whilst you search.

Back