Portuguese Rodaplana

Alex_pt

Dirt Disciple
Here is my Portuguese Rodaplana, the previous name of the Masil Brand.

The wheels in the photos are temporary and I will only describe what it will be assembled.

- Cranks Campagnolo Nuovo Record Strada with respective chain bolts and chainrings 43-52
- Pedals Campagnolo Triomphe with respective toeclips and Lapize straps
- Rear Derailleur Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Front Derailleur Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Shifters Campagnolo Nuovo Record/Super Record
- Headset Campagnolo Record
- Stem Mavic (unknown model)
- Handlebar Mavic 350 ou 351 (apparently)
- Brake Levers Campagnolo Nuovo Gran Sport
- Brakes Campagnolo Nuovo Gran Sport
- Hubs Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Rims The big doubt!!! I found a set of Alesa 913 clincher, are they any good?
- Seatpost Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Saddle Selle Itália reupholstered (unknown model)
- Freewheel Regina Extra, 12-21 8V
- Bottom bracket and cups Campagnolo Nuovo Record (french thread thick wall cups and matching axle)

For the photos it has my other bike wheels, Rigida DP18 rims, Sachs New Success hubs and Regina Extra, 12-21 8V freewheel.

n54l.jpg

gqbf.jpg

o8mr.jpg

w7v0.jpg

Beautiful bike really nicely built. I love the shade of pink. Re the rims you have in mind, are these hooked rims? If not you wont be able to run tyres much above 75/80 psi. Hooked rims will allow you to run pressures around 100psi upwards and will give a better ride.

Blacktopdisciple":2emwcwsq said:
Beautiful bike really nicely built. I love the shade of pink. Re the rims you have in mind, are these hooked rims? If not you wont be able to run tyres much above 75/80 psi. Hooked rims will allow you to run pressures around 100psi upwards and will give a better ride.

The shade of pink grew on me, I really hatted it at first, now I love it, it has charisma and makes it really different, and it's funny to see people reaction to it! :LOL:

I changed my mind about the Alesa Rims, I didn't find much information about them, so I am giving up on a period rim and going for a mavic open sport or open pro, they are in production for years and they will give the desired look.

These hubs are now polished a greased and I think they will look great on those rims.

photomar15155006.jpg

I got a shimano 600 6spd 13-23 freewheel, its not ideal (mixing shimano and campagnolo doens't do it for me) but it has higger ratio than the regina one, for now it will do, then I will look for a 26 teeth max cog.

Lovely looking project, Record hubs are fantastic, good choice. Not sure I would brave cycling on a pink bike here in Glasgow though

47p2":2qfbjp62 said:
Lovely looking project, Record hubs are fantastic, good choice. Not sure I would brave cycling on a pink bike here in Glasgow though

Haha!

I understand that, it sure gets attention. I considered painting it but, appart from the dropouts, the paint is in really good condition and I don't have the courage to strip a 30 years old paintjob.

The hubs are really great, silent and smooth.

I am only sorry that the nuovo record calipers I have, don´t have the reach needed for this frame. That's why I have the GS ones.

Someone likes pink then as a nice matching ball also :) Chain looks a little short as the spring on the rear mech must be under some strain.......

Nob":3seiivi0 said:
Someone likes pink then as a nice matching ball also :) Chain looks a little short as the spring on the rear mech must be under some strain.......

Yes, the chain is a bit short, but for the photo I placed it in the large chainring and left it in a larger cog, wich wouldn't happen normaly.

I was considering an everest golden chain, but I think that the gold wouldn't work very well with the rest of the bike.

I was just about to say the same thing about the chain. Could use an extra inch of chain and one less inch (or two) of brake cable IMO..

torqueless":15ay1f66 said:
I was just about to say the same thing about the chain. Could use an extra inch of chain and one less inch (or two) of brake cable IMO..

I was wondering if the brake cables weren't too big, thanks for the tip!

The chain was salvaged from a box of old parts and was barelly used, unfortunatelly I don't have any more links for it...

Back