HUB SWAP SHOP & Q/R TRADING ®

If Dead Rats doesn't need it then that's great for me! :)

Drop your address on a PM and I'll get it in the post tomorrow or Tuesday. Are you happy with adjusting/tightening the cones? Apologies if that's patronising ;)

Hi,

Am happy too if Dead Rats doesn't want it. I am only really after the freewheel for my XT hub (756) to see if it will fit so the cones need not be adjusted as they are coming out anyway. Is there a special way of adjusting them when I put it back together? Any tips most most welcome and in no way taken as patronising.

Cheers, James.

Cheers Al :)

Nothing special about the cones - the usual one to take out the play and another to lock against it. I'm not sure about compatibility though - I had a mahoosive Shimano compatibility chart somewhere...

I'll have a search for it as I wouldn't want you to waste your time. Keen on that spider either way though ;)

2013-09-23115556_zps2c48eed2.png

Not sure what to make of that, not the same part but I'd be inclined to gamble that it would be compatible and the difference is in the materials.

dsp or Fluffy Chicken are good on this stuff, as is Al the OP come to think of it! Sheldon is bound to have the answer if you've a little while to search too...

2013-09-23115556_zps2c48eed2.png

Not sure what to make of that, not the same part but I'd be inclined to gamble that it would be compatible and the difference is in the materials.

dsp or Fluffy Chicken are good on this stuff, as is Al the OP come to think of it! Sheldon is bound to have the answer if you've a little while to search too...

Hi,
I did have a look at that chart online and I reckon I might take a gamble. They all take the same range of cassettes and the age and hub are very similar so I am hoping it is just the material used or the fact that some have a washer between the hub and the freewheel and some don't. Am not too fussed about the weight etc either if they are different materials. Am happy to be proved wrong if anyone has more of an idea?

James.

Back