Looking for an old cycling book- can anyone help?

Fairyglass

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Back in the early 80s I had a large hardback book with beautifully produced colour images of some of the day's best bikes. The images included a 2 page spread of a pink Super Record equipped Mercier which has stuck in my mind ever since.
I don't know what happened to the book, but I'd love to find another copy. From memory, I think it might have been a Guinness Guide to Cycling, but I've searched online and on Amazon without success.
Might anyone have a copy amongst their collection, which they could let me know the actual title and ISBN number, or, better still, consider selling to me?
The book contained images of Jack Taylor touring bikes, lots of French Tour de France machines, and felt slightly dated even then.
Thanks!

Wow, thanks.. I think it may be the first one, as the authors ring a bell. Sadly no images available but I'll contact one of the sellers and ask.
That's brilliant- thanks very much.

A quick skim through my copy doesn't show a double page spread of the mercier, but there are lots of photos of it and I may well have missed the large photo. There's plenty of detail though with close up shots of all the components, drop outs etc.

Re:

Were the photo's of the pink Mercier ever pinned down to a particular book? I have often thought of that bike and would like to see those pictures again if anyone has any info?

Thanks
Stuart

Back