Eroica's coming to the UK

bugloss":16ybqpr5 said:
I'll invite them over.......

Email sent asking them to visit the thread..........waiting......waiting.......

Yeah I pointed them to it a week ago ... I guess they are indifferent about us ...

Montello":39074rxn said:
bugloss":39074rxn said:

Yeah I pointed them to it a week ago ... I guess they are indifferent about us ...

they probably have not bothered because there is 20 pages of moaning about the price from 90% of the people who have posted here.i hope to go ,and atleast see what it is all about.and worst come to the worst I will still get a days riding in

matthew71":3uifngda said:
Montello":3uifngda said:
bugloss":3uifngda said:

they probably have not bothered because there is 20 pages of moaning about the price from 90% of the people who have posted here.i hope to go ,and atleast see what it is all about.and worst come to the worst I will still get a days riding in

Actually I'd say this topic covers a range of opinions and I suspect with the correct encouragement from the organisers even the negative people could be converted.

I don't really agree with that people will be converted.as was mentioned on the first few pages there are free retro road rides already in place on the site. the ones I have been to have the same old faces.

I've received a missive from a young lady called Vicky C. at Eroica B. She said that she was pleased we were interested in coming along and she started to read the thread, but 21 pages of griping was too much for her on a Sunday night.

She suggested that if we put a bunch of questions or suggestions together then I could send it across and she will do her best to answer.

(She didn't really say griping, that's me) ;)

How's that for service ?

My suggestions/questions. Forward them to the organisers if you like, be interested to see of they act on them.

1) Why is there no connection to any charity? The real Eroica has a partnership with an Italian charity.

2) Why not use the event to ask for better cycling facilities in the UK, e.g. a petition either online or at the event itself.

3) Is there any intention to include people from the history of UK cycling? This could take the form of a photo exhibition, or perhaps a storytelling session. Maybe someone like William Fotheringham would be willing to give some time for free if he's got a book to promote...
This is a potential example of what could be done: http://thebikeshow.net/

4) Is there a reduction for people who don't need the camping facilities offered?

5) Are you providing mechanical help on the day? If so, will it be done in a way that supoports local bike shops (e.g. invite them to help out on the day, provide training etc)?

I can personally probably only afford to go to one event outside Belgium next year, and if I do it would probably be the Scottish Eroica.

Johnny

Thanks, I'll give it a few days and then we can make a group selection of the most relevant suggestions.

I'm going to have to be very selective about rides next year as my retro budget has been blown badly with excessive bike purchases, clothing and the Retro Ronde, so only 1 UK ride for me plus a couple of Retrobike rides. :roll:

I like the Scottish one as i think it's going to be more grass roots, but it involves travelling almost to the North Pole it's so far up. :shock:

I'm happy to do this, but if someone feels more qualified then they are welcome to step in.

Adam

Johnsqual":k93djc5w said:
My suggestions/questions. Forward them to the organisers if you like, be interested to see of they act on them.

1) Why is there no connection to any charity? The real Eroica has a partnership with an Italian charity.

2) Why not use the event to ask for better cycling facilities in the UK, e.g. a petition either online or at the event itself.

3) Is there any intention to include people from the history of UK cycling? This could take the form of a photo exhibition, or perhaps a storytelling session. Maybe someone like William Fotheringham would be willing to give some time for free if he's got a book to promote...
This is a potential example of what could be done: http://thebikeshow.net/

4) Is there a reduction for people who don't need the camping facilities offered?

5) Are you providing mechanical help on the day? If so, will it be done in a way that supoports local bike shops (e.g. invite them to help out on the day, provide training etc)?

I can personally probably only afford to go to one event outside Belgium next year, and if I do it would probably be the Scottish Eroica.

Johnny

I think that pretty much covers it. Tbh if they can't be bothered to read this thread that does not bode well ... It wouldn't take long if you wanted to know what people were saying. Plus it was probably only 5 pages when I first told them about it.

Latest posts

Back