1994 GT Psyclone Updated 8-16 New Photos

Re: 1993 ? GT Psyclone Dream Project

adorable filledbrazed work on that frame! Gonna be interesting to follow the build on it.

Re: 1994 GT Psyclone Dream Project

Frame looks great...congrats on catching your unicorn.

I built mine up as a single speed, and really like it, but if I ever luck into a nice XTR group, it will definitely get it's gears on.

Steve

Gorgeous frames these, its backs up the USA heritage the company boasted.

As for the XT parts, that is 1994 vintage anyway & a lovely groupset. Get the STI's, canti's, hubs & cranks to match. With some Ritchey or Tioga amberwalls it would look fab, maybe some Mag 21's for dry days? LOL

Best of luck with the build progress.

Thanks for all of the nice words and advice chaps, now on to the business of raising some money for the build....

man... that filet brazing is just amazing! Sweet frame!!!

Which models / years of GT bikes were done like this? It would be really cool to have one... I see GT bikes come up for sale here in canada all the time but I never know what models to look for that may have the filet brazing...

thanks!

shutter":3dpo7cz0 said:

Which models / years of GT bikes were done like this? It would be really cool to have one... I see GT bikes come up for sale here in canada all the time but I never know what models to look for that may have the filet brazing...

thanks!

As far as I know the only fillet brazed bikes by GT were the Psyclones, which were also branded Cyclones for a few years. It had about a ten year run beginning in the late '80s but the production numbers were fairly low hence the big interest from collectors....

Hmm ok cool! Ill keep my eyes open for one =)

Thx! Yours is awesome though!

shutter":2hx9o6y5 said:

thanks!

There is one lovely 1995 (!) Psyclone for sale here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=275571&hilit=psyclone

As for production numbers, you may deduct something from here:
viewtopic.php?t=221786

Filltet brazed frames by GT:

1989: Xizang (never officially available but a handful were made; in 1990 the Xizang became the titanium frame)
1990: nothing
1991: Cyclone (including fillet brazed fork and stem!)
1991: Quatrefoil LE (tandem)
1992-99: Psyclone (renamed Cyclone due to copyright reasons)

Back