Arran Road Circuit - Saturday November 2nd

Re: Arran Road Circuit - Early November - 2nd Nov Probably

I'm in! I might come up with one more friend of mine if that's ok? That route is excellent :)

Radoslaw":397pyltg said:
I'm in! I might come up with one more friend of mine if that's ok? That route is excellent :)

Male or female? :shock:

Any plan put together for this yet?

Plan shall be listed tomorrow but will probably involve departing Ardrossan at around 0945 and hitting Arran by 1040 for a clockwise circuit to be back for the return ferry by around 1640 I think. All details to be finally checked and posted up tomorrow.

Found a route on map my ride here only 56 miles

For anyone leaving from Glasgow

There’s a train from Glasgow Central at 08:34, arriving at Ardrossan at 09:20 in time for the 09:45 ferry. Check-in is at least 10 minutes before departure, it looks like the cost is £11.05 return, and the bike goes for free. Car parking is not expensive (less than £5 for the day?)

You can take the precaution of leaving a bag of dry clothes etc. in the "Left Luggage" at Brodick Ferry terminal, at a cost of £1 per bag. Walking around and climbing stairs on the ship in cycling-shoes can be tricky, and uncomfortable in wet clothes (said he, optimistically).

Return ferry time is: Brodick leave 16.40 (17.35 Ardrossan arrive) Train 18.00 for Glasgow 18.44

"Just in case" later ferry leaves
Brodick 19.20 (20.15 Ardrossan arrive) Train 20.31 for Glasgow 21.14 but hopefully we wont need this one

Edited coz I don't know clockwise from anti-clockwise :cry:

That looks clockwise to me - same way we did it last time :D

The worst hill is the one up up up out of Lochranza going towards Sannox, but not that bad really. Think gazz did it with a 5 gear bike. Very rewarding route :mrgreen:

Drat you're right Mr Panda, it is clockwise, I'll edit my post...Been a long day

Nothing to worry about - Radek will probably single speed it on a Brompton :LOL:

Six and half a dozen really whatever way you go, either rolling hills at the end or a biggie. My best advice is to ensure you have a tailwind on the west side of the island, its a long day out there otherwise. Have fun, I'd have loved to have made it but work beckons. Feel free to use the parking outside my house for a base if you wish.

Back