Dating a Paris Galiber

Hi, is there any chance of a photo of the rear brake stay where it joins the chain stay, strangely this will help. As far as the serial number is concerned, has it came from the fork steerer ? There should be one under the bottom bracket, is it the same ? Terry

Have checked bottom bracket and although number is a little faded it does match. Photo of rear seat stay/chain stay attached along with fork crown.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 398
Hi, the twin plate fork is good, it means we are late forties to early fifties, the rear brake bridge where it meets the chain stay is the photo I'm after, it will help. Attached is a photo of my 1948 Paris TDF fork area which may help. Terry

Attachments

• paris 1948 fork.png
    paris 1948 fork.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 395
Some additional pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 384
Hi, well I wasn't expecting so many conflicting clues, gavr's correct with those stays and also the plain rear brake bridge, means I believe its not an early one, so where does that leave you, I would start at looking at Jack Taylors, or Tom Board versions, this is a quality frame and time has been taken with it, those bi-laminates are excellent. I will dig around a bit more tomorrow. Terry

Back