Carbone TVT 92 b/b and seat post size

casper2788

Devout Dirtbag
Thought i would spend some time today swapping over my Dura ace 7402 groupset on to a Recent TVT carbone purchase and was doing well until i found out the b/b is to small and the 27.2 seat post is to big.Would anyone oblige and inform me what size they need to be,thanks.

Re: Carbone TVT b/b and seat post size

casper2788":2qc2j28c said:
Thought i would spend some time today swapping over my Dura ace 7402 groupset on to a Recent TVT carbone purchase and was doing well until i found out the b/b is to small and the 27.2 seat post is to big.Would anyone oblige and inform me what size they need to be,thanks.

It's several years since I worked on a TVT but if memory serves me well, seatpin size is same as Vitus/Alan, so may be 25.0mm

Which bit of the BB is too small. I recall the BB being British threaded but just can't remember exactly. What is the width of the shell you have, 68 or 70mm?

Neil

Re: Carbone TVT b/b and seat post size

originalshinkicker":31bjlgtv said:
casper2788":31bjlgtv said:

It's several years since I worked on a TVT but if memory serves me well, seatpin size is same as Vitus/Alan, so may be 25.0mm

Which bit of the BB is too small. I recall the BB being British threaded but just can't remember exactly. What is the width of the shell you have, 68 or 70mm?

Neil
must be 70mm as the cups just slide in and out,suprised the Dura ace 7400 b/b didn't fit.

Looks like i'm after some bits then.Anyone in possesion of a 25mm Dura ace seat post and i'd go for any 70mm,110mm axle shimano BB.

i bought one of these frames in 1988 and the post was 25.0mm and the bb was british thread. how weird your cups slide in. if memory serves me correctly, your frame must have italian bb threads.

rusty bodie":1ura2kgm said:
i bought one of these frames in 1988 and the post was 25.0mm and the bb was british thread. how weird your cups slide in. if memory serves me correctly, your frame must have italian bb threads.
The one i have taken out from my other frame which is an SLX is a dura ace 7400 1,37 x 24t axle 110mm even if italian thread on the TVT why would the cups slide in and out.

Just taken ownership of a TVT - seatpost measured at 25.0 (not looking forward to paying for a seatpost - have you seen some of the prices!). Mine's a 68mm BB shell and just installed an english BB with no issue - sounds like Italian threading was also an option - how are the threads on your frame? Feel nice and sharp? You can get a Shimano UN55 Italian BB for £20 from the Cycle Clinic if that helps?

If you wouldn't mind & when you have the time, could you post details about the forks & headset you've got (mine came as frame only) so I can suss out what I need to be looking for - 1" carbon forks seem to be few & far between and then there's the headset to suss - your bike might just help me with some questions I need answering.

Cheers

what would be the difference with the italian thread compared to the english thread as regards fitting.Not familiar with the italian thread.

FINNEY1973":k508s1sv said:
The cups on Italian have a slightly larger outside diameter and has right hand threads on both sides.
That would explain why the cups slide in then,thanks.Looks like the builds gonna take a little longer slowly but surely but will look super when done.

Latest posts

Back