1991 Marin Pine Mountain

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Evening all.

I have been after a project for a while, but not really rushing anything (nothing worst than having a project for the sake of it and not really being 'into it' enough).

I have always liked the zolatone Marin's so when I saw cce advertising this (and as its a good cause, see link in the fs thread) I quickly snapped it up. Thanks to cce and also t1nt1n, who is kindly holding it for me until I can pick it up (first time Dad with a very little one at home :D )

I haven't picked it up yet but was after some information so that I can start getting things sorted (in my head at least).

I confess that my knowledge of Marin's is quite patchy so I'm not sure of the year...can anyone help me out?

Anyone with a link to the original spec/catalogue? Trying to work out the hierarchy of Marin models in this era - am I right in thinking this was reasonable bitd?

Anything else that anyone wants to add will be received gratefully.

I have to warn the purists though, budget and time constraints mean that this will be functional rather than a replica piece, but it will get used and hopefully loved. Over time I hope to do it justice, but it may be a bit scruffy to begin with :oops:

Photos in the original thread (I'll try and post them directly in here shortly but my laptop is on a go-slow):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=275071

Re: Marin Pine Mountain...what year...any help appreciated

cant go wrong with an early steel marin mate, sold loads of them and they always rode nicely.
bear valley and up are brill, underrated and underpriced :). I have a alu rocky in my loft as we speak.
wookie and chiswickcollectables are the marin'ites' on here, give them a shout.

Wow, good find! I bought one of those from Gump (mod on here) in about 1992 / early 1993 - I sold it in 1993 when I bought a brand new Kilauea! :D

Cheers guys.
Tim expect to see it built in about the years!!

superstu":3jozh7vg said:
Cheers guys.
Tim expect to see it built in about the years!!

Bet you'll get it finished quicker than all of my ongoing projects! :LOL:

Best look in my spares cupboard

Back