Finally finished 88 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

dekerfintheshed

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
At last, after 8 mths it's finally done...
This was an important bike back in 88' as one of the first commercially available "proper bikes". Bought as a right dog, paint was awful, decals were non-existent but she was rust free and the components were good. After a proper strip and a brief trial in s/s guise, I thought singlespeed biopace would be a nice take on what I think is a classic True Temper steel bike. A full acid etch and paint in the original colour and some superb decals from Gil (which were reproduced from my careful tracing of the remnants of decals left) and she was looking beaut. Finished with a nice Rolls and original rhino roller stem, swept back bars and Fisher Hex grips and here she is... All the old Deore I left on with the only change being some Weinman Bonty wheels ex Kona. Hope you enjoy it as much as I restoring her... :D

Attachments

• CIMG0998.JPG
    CIMG0998.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,431
  • CIMG0997.JPG
    CIMG0997.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,429
  • CIMG0996.JPG
    CIMG0996.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 2,430
  • CIMG0994.JPG
    CIMG0994.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,431

That... I like!

Never convinced about SS conversions though... I think the whole Chipps/next big thing BITD soured it once and for all for me...

Mr K

Man that is a beautiful restoration, how does it ride?

Would really love to have a go, see how good these bikes ride compared to later bikes.

Niiiiiiiiiice :cool:

Feckin awesome

That is a peach fella ;)

I really, really like everything about it..I cut my teeth on these 88-89 bikes :roll:

Brilliant :D And Gil as done a fantastic job on them decals..He really is the best :cool:

Back