Lake District knowledge needed

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
2013-10-20130731_zps0ce689df.png

We're camped on the West shore of Coniston, trying not to drown, and I was checking out the map to see if it's possible to make a nice loop out of Walna Scar Road, possibly finishing with the descent down Walna itself back to the Water (so W-E).

Does anyone know whether either or both of the options marked above are rideable? And which of the four runs down from Walna Scar Road to Coniston Water is the most fun/best value?

Many thanks!

All I can offer is that there is a good ride around Coniston called 'Tour of Coniston', google it and I'm sure you'll get a map.
Walna scar road is hella rocky, its more of a trials ride than a flowy Dh track.

:LOL:
Definitely a good attitude, if I was on my own I wouldn't hesitate but I'll be dragging Kiran around with me so I'd like to be reasonably sure she'll get a good ride out of it too...

Still properly biblical here too so don't want to take on too much in these conditions :(

Cheers Steve, I've ridden this side of Walna and it was definitely challenging on the old rigid! I think I roughly know that route and it is a beauty, just fancied something new, and given the rancid weather, short but challenging! :LOL:

Back