Raleigh Panasonic 753

I don't think he had it built for himself. If you look in the sellers feedback left for others he buys a lot of Ilkeston frames and loads of Campagnolo bits at the same time.

27 April 2012 he bought a Raleigh team 753 frame and forks.

Plus shifters don't match derailleurs, just saying.

Ah! Where do you look for his e-bay history? at is feedback or does e-bay list his buying / selling?

Sounds like he is telling porkies :(

Shaun

Look in his feedback and you can see feedback left for others. I use it as part of my method in sniffing out dodgy Ebay sellers.

Adam

This guy has the makings of a flakey seller.

If he's fibbing about it being his, then the paperwork needs to be looked at very carefully indeed.

Edit : What I mean by "his" is, made especially for him. Of course it belongs to him but I don't think he's the original owner.

well, i can, shaun - if it was my bike shop back then i'd have it hanging up on wires for all to see. the shop i used to work in had the ceiling littered with fabulous frames ranging from bob jackson's 753 stars 'n stripes, to raleigh road ace and gran sport to colnago super and a variety of daccordi frames to name but a few.

aye, those were the days . . ..

:cool:

ps you lot are very suspicious! in the end he has the documentation which would have to tie up with the frame number and will have the seller's name on it, as he claims he is the original owner. he's clearly a super record nut judging by his feedback and bottom line is that he won't be getting £1800 for that bike, no matter whether he had it built for himself or not! that wouldn't matter a jot to me if i was the buyer - i'd want to know that it was an original raleigh sbdu frame and hadn't been fannied with. end of.

:cool:

Rustie,

Yep, we had frames hanging up, being a Raleigh 5 star dealer it was mostly Raleigh-Carlton but had the odd Bob Jackson, Woodrup, Falcon San Remo........even a Speedwell Titanium :)

we didn't build them up for display, that would cost too much for dead money, after all this was the 70's with 3 day weeks and power cuts.

Shaun

Midlife":111ieabl said:
Rustie,

Yep, we had frames hanging up, being a Raleigh 5 star dealer it was mostly Raleigh-Carlton but had the odd Bob Jackson, Woodrup, Falcon San Remo........even a Speedwell Titanium :)

we didn't build them up for display, that would cost too much for dead money, after all this was the 70's with 3 day weeks and power cuts.

Shaun

power cuts, jeeez - there's a blast from the past!

WHERE'S DO YOU KEEP THE CANDLES??!

:shock:

Seatposts were removed and candles inserted in place ;)

I used to marvel at the Vitus Dural frames in Billy Bilsland's shop in Maryhill Road

Back