1985 Raleigh Competition

Hia16

Retro Newbie
Hi, i'm trying to sell my Raleigh Competition, to my knowledge this bike was bought in 1985, ridden for 6 or 7 years and then left. I found it when clearing out my relatives garage, along with a couple of trophies and some photos, so this bike has won some titles in its time, not sure how prestigious though. I got given the bike after i found it with the intention of restoring it, but with college and work, i never got around to it. So i'd love it to go to an owner who will give it some tlc.

According to the photos is has all the original parts and is in very good condition considering its been in a garage under a sheet for 20-25 years. It's in perfect working order, i personally have done about 300 miles on it, but then managed to get myself a more modern one and it's just sort of sat around for a couple of months. This is the link to the pinkbike page http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1449429/

Im asking for £150, but i'm open to offers.

Cheers.

Tj

Hi TJ
If be interested if she'd fit me, I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam, what do you think ref sizing ?
What reynolds tubing is she made from ?
Does she have horizontal dropouts?
Many thanks Jamie

skywalker482":3fh510p3 said:
Hi TJ
If be interested if she'd fit me, I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam, what do you think ref sizing ?
What reynolds tubing is she made from ?
Does she have horizontal dropouts?
Many thanks Jamie

Hi there, well i'm 5'11 and with the seat up a little bit its perfect for me, so with the seat at its lowest setting it would probably be perfect for you... In reference to the tubing, from what i have found on the internet its 501 steel? As for the drop outs, i dont know im sorry

I would say from the pictures it is a 23 1/2" frame, But it could possibly be a 22" frame which would be perfect, I am the same measurements as you and I can just squeeze on a 23 1/2", the frame is a rare beast as I believe it is 501sl tubing and the dropouts will be horizontal probably Gipiemme ;)

mpatts":3gn9qoyb said:
Sorry, were are you?

If it's a 22inch, and you are either local or can post, I'll have it.
Im just outside of manchester, or with the company i use, itll be an extra £20 on top of the 150.

Hi is this sold?
I've been looking for one of these so if its available I can pick up.
regards
Just need to confirm size of top tube centre 2 centre

Peter

Back