Wookiees 2011 Marin CXR Team 29er NOW DEAD!!

Re: Wookiees 2011 Marin CXR Team 29er

Little update...I have done around 200 miles on it so far and still loving it! Its quite an upright ride which is better on the wrists for me than my retro rides...(still love them too tho!) Through the late summer months the Schwalbe Racing Ralphs have been a good blend of grip vs rolling resistance. However the seasons have changed and todays ride was much more muddy and slippy and the Ralphs struggled! So now I need to find some better wet/muddy tyres for the usual UK climate...any suggestions?? But nothing too heavy ideally...

For those that don't know the CXR cracked in 4 places!! The frame is toast and I have bought a Santa Crux Highball as a replacement so look out for that build in the near future!

Gawd bless her and she's gone to a better place now...RIP!

Doug

I think you should give repairing it a go.
Its basically fibreglass and like it it goes on in layers of fabric and resin brushed on :?

The final result might not look fantastic but im sure it could be made to live again if only under the guise of a shopping or pub bike.
I reckon it would be fun to attempt too :D

Thats my thruppence ha'pennies worth

dyna-ti":2q5sc2u0 said:
I think you should give repairing it a go.
Its basically fibreglass and like it it goes on in layers of fabric and resin brushed on :?

The final result might not look fantastic but im sure it could be made to live again if only under the guise of a shopping or pub bike.
I reckon it would be fun to attempt too :D

Thats my thruppence ha'pennies worth

Mate I don't have the know how nor the wallet to attempt that...besides I dont think I would ever trust it again....Its yours for a few quid if you want to take up the challenge! lol

Thats not great for a 2011 frame! especially given the cost of the bike new. Have you approached Marin about this? They may send a replacement? Happened to people I know with Trek and Cube frames.

jimbog":2vtvopyh said:
Thats not great for a 2011 frame! especially given the cost of the bike new. Have you approached Marin about this? They may send a replacement? Happened to people I know with Trek and Cube frames.

The thing is I am not the original owner infact as it turns out the 3rd and the warranty only applies to the original purchaser...I have emailed, facebooked and old fashioned posted mail to Marin...and finally heard this back today!

"Hi Doug,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. The message that you sent via our website and which was forwarded to me was filtered by my spam folder. It may have had to do with the number of attachments.

We are naturally very gratified by your brand loyalty over the years.

As you point out, your frame is not covered by our warranty policy. We are investigating the possibilities, please allow us some time.
"

.....So we'll see!

Back