NBD (New Bike Day) Raleigh Record Sprint

sollophonic

Retro Newbie
NBD???

Do you use this phrase?

We in the guitar playing community use NGD all the time, so I figured I would paraphrase it with my new bike acquisition

So here it is, nicely set up by the local bike shop I bought it from.

An upgraded Raleigh Record Sprint.

This one has already been upgraded with a Campag Xenon shifters and gears, 9 speed rear cassette, and 105 brakes. I swapped out the front chainrings for a compact, and have now added a rear rack, new pedals and am about to add some new bar tape as well.

Great bike, really lovely frame, took it out for a spin today.

Plan on making this into a nice fast tourer, and add some mudguards too.

Thought I'd share.....

Haha, I certainly know about NGD!! So why not NBD?

Nice Raleigh, those Record Sprints certainly polish up nicely and cool that yours has been upgraded...

A friend of mine rode his for many years until the rear dropout snapped off at the chainstay on the right hand side and he thought it was a gonner - thankfully after it was hung up in his shed for many years he found someone to fix it for him and we rebuilt it much like yours.

A super bike - enjoy!

Oh, yeah its a big bike alright, but I still have to have the saddle higher than in the pic.

I'm 6' 1" so this bike just fits me, but feels really nice too.

Its going to clock up some miles......;-)

Midlife":3gnxlb4j said:
Nice :)

You must be tall, I'd need the wall behind to help me reach the saddle :D

Shaun

Yes that wall could do with a repaint along with weeding & leveling of all those gravel chippings

Nob":2xgozbgl said:
Yes that wall could do with a repaint along with weeding & leveling of all those gravel chippings
I reckon he should get larger diameter gravel which won't spread all over the slabs, not too big mind because that looks wrong. Something like 30-40mm should do.

Nice to see one of these with the saddle fitted at a proportional height. They are generally seen with saddles pushed right down on the top tube because Raleigh made so many ridiculously large ones. In fact, I can't really remember seeing one less than around 24".

Nob regularly performs a gardening advice service, freely given. My house surroundings have improved considerably over recent years.

It's entirely up to you if you wish to accept it :roll: :D

Back