Is it best to keep your quality parts or give them away for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is it best just to keep your nice parts or give them awa

BTW if you're having to buy boxes (if you are not a shop or business) you really aren't trying hard enough!

Halfords give bike boxes away every day, and they can be customised with a knife and some tape to package up ANYTHING bike related!

kleinalpine":2xg285wb said:
No it's not a phone camara , sorry I'm not a pro , lighting? they were outside on a bright day :shock: ,
Punctuality ? Don't be silly, I'm not writing a novel. How this puts people off I don't know, if you know what your after and it looks good your not going to buy it because the spelling maybe slightly wrong or the punctuation is poor. The postage was bang on the money !! The police are out in force tonight , didn't need a lecture on this topic just after a few stories from other people !! Happy days :cool:
I hope you didn't answer "silly" questions with the same attitude...

Rule no 1; NEVER EVER time an auction to finish on a Friday afternoon/evening! The only people interested will be bargain hunters. Everyone else will have their mind on other things

FWIW
I got back into mtbing by buying a cheap bike on Ebay . Now I have 3 :LOL: All ebay initial buys then stripped and re-built using parts from Ebay and fellow R/Bers . Wouldn't have joined this forum , got back into it , ridden Surrey Hills ride or got/given advice to other forum members otherwise . Started the ball rolling . And that can't be a bad thing . BTW I bought a pair of XT/Mavic wheels for £52 a few months ago , so maybe it wasn't such a bad deal for you .
Mike

Starting at 99p with no reserve really does seem to work better IME, both for really cheap and more expensive stuff. It doesn't always pay off, but then using eBay is a risk, from both sides.
And regarding presentation, if I see that someone can't be bothered to use spell-check or make the text easy to read, it makes me question whether they'll bother packing the item well, or even if they've bothered looking after it. That's me speaking as a buyer, not as a smart-ass seller ;)

if someone's giving away nice parts can I have some please...

I agree with John. It's all in the marketing my friend, which wasn't well executed.

Selling on eBay is a risk you agree to take !
If you want a specific price, set a reserve or buy it now, no point moaning about it on here after its all ended.

MiniNinjaRob":1v47r3oj said:
Doesn't matter whether you think bad spelling and punctuation affects some bodies willingness to bid or not - the fact is that it DOES.
I haven't looked at the ad but if it was formatted poorly in addition to spelling/grammar issues I wouldn't even think about bidding.

It's common sense to lay out any ad with the buyer in mind, clear, informative, easy to read, etc etc. If a seller can't be arsed doing that can I be confident of anything he says or does re the description or condition?

[/quote]I haven't looked at the ad but if it was formatted poorly in addition to spelling/grammar issues I wouldn't even think about bidding.

To be honest if I see something not advertised properly with bad spelling and a poor description, you wonder if its not theirs to sell !

Bryncrug72":38pwwd41 said:
I haven't looked at the ad but if it was formatted poorly in addition to spelling/grammar issues I wouldn't even think about bidding.

To be honest if I see something not advertised properly with bad spelling and a poor description, you wonder if its not theirs to sell !

Rightly or wrongly I completely agree, if the seller can't be bothered with a decent ad then I don't bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back