Judy springs in Pace forks?

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Using google search it came back with someone using Pace RC35s with judy springs? Is this possible? More to the point, I have a lovely set of RC36 evos and a set of hard Judy Kronos springs, would it work? Anyone tried? Just cant seem to get hard Pace springs!!! :facepalm:

from looking at the manual for the forks, the forks have main springs that are 182mm +/- 3mm tolerance, mine are 172mm long. So, they aren't far off. If using the fork in 70mm mode, you would remove a short spring from the stack. So, will have to see if this works. Obviously the Judy forks the springs were made for are 28mm stanchions and from what I can find the RC36 Evos are too. May loose abit of travel, but the fork should be ok for my weight, at the moment Im near half way in, just sitting on the bike :facepalm: :oops:

I've done it on a pair of RC35 MXC's for my wife's bike and 1 year in all is well. You will get an inch more travel and the rebound and damping is suprisingly good..go for it

I don't get it. I just bought some Kronos Judy SL springs and popped them in my RC35s. They get stuck where the slider narrows, there's no way the cap will reach the bottom of the slider to fit the circlip. I tried removing the anodized plate so I was using the bare spring but it still wouldn't work despite nearly jamming it in the slider! Looks to be just a fraction too wide.

Anyone know if there's a trick to fitting the Kronos springs into RC35s?

At least I have some '97 Judy SLs so the springs aren't a complete waste of money.

What type of RC35's have you got? I have not heard of anybody doing a spring conversion on original RC35's but they work in MXC's and I think MXCD's. Why not PM Tim (Justbackdated) as he is the fountain of all RC35 knowledge and he would know if there is a difference in RC35 internal diameters.

It's these beasties. Purchased at the end of 1994 or early 1995, can't remember. What I find interesting is the badge on each leg. I haven't seen that in other photos but a friend of mine, who bought the titanium version at the same time, has the same badges. I'll drop Tim a line.

Attachments

• Pace logo.jpg
    Pace logo.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 375
  • Pace RC35.jpg
    Pace RC35.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 375
Back