Is it best to keep your quality parts or give them away for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is it best just to keep your nice parts or give them awa

Oh dear. Your going to get ripped a new one. I suggest you just walk away.

kleinalpine":14ehaxde said:
No it's not a phone camara , sorry I'm not a pro , lighting? they were outside on a bright day :shock: ,
Punctuality ? Don't be silly, I'm not writing a novel. How this puts people off I don't know, if you know what your after and it looks good your not going to buy it because the spelling maybe slightly wrong or the punctuation is poor. The postage was bang on the money !! The police are out in force tonight , didn't need a lecture on this topic just after a few stories from other people !! Happy days :cool:

Seemed like good, free advice to me.

I aways use proper spellins an sh*t wen eva I stick stuf on da bay cos I no it makes sense for da peeps dat wonna buy ma sh*t ya get me ?

As for postage cost. Most days I ship wheels. An insured next day courier costs £10. A box 690x680x290 to fit two wheels cost £5 with seperators (and that with buying 80 of them). That is £15 to me. £10 does not even cover the courier and wheels should be packaged properly. Cheap services like my hermes may offer a cheaper service but it really slow and stuff should not be sent that way. Post office will not take parcels the size of wheels now as it to big and will go by parcel force.

Yes you could post wheels for £10 but with such a service you are taking risks and on ebay do not take risks with postage.

I certainly wouldn't want to risk these nice wheels being damaged so it cost a little extra !! The buyer received them in one piece which is really nice to here!!

kleinalpine":2a3dmket said:
There wasn't much more I could of said about the wheels to be fair, and how many pictures do you take?

I do a ton of Ebay and I have to say your title is at least a reason for the disappointing results. Think about it this way: how is a buyer going to find my item? You wrote "Mavic 231 CD Rims" which means only people searching for that exact rim and those bored individuals who just happen to be browsing will find your item.

Ok so lets say YOU were looking for some sweet old wheels what would you type in to the search bar? (Mavic? maybe, Shimano? Yes, XT? yes) So here is how I would have written it:

NOS New Vintage 90s Mountain Wheel Set Mavic 231 CD Rims Shimano XT Hubs 8 spd

Note that I used every character Ebay allows and tried to think like a buyer who is looking for wheels. I guarantee that my title would generate many more hits. and hits sell parts.

Steven

From selling lots on Ebay I have found the following:

1. Pick your listing time/end time carefully. Having an auction end at 3pm on a Monday afternoon will not always get you the best price. I generally end my auctions at 7.30pm Mon-Thurs
2. Research what other similar items are selling for - put a watch on them and see what they go for before listing your own. If they go for way lower than you would expect look at their listing - and do the opposite!
3. People like to know you are reputable. I have 100% feedback over 10 years so all my auctions have 'UK 100% SELLER' in the title. I typically convert 25-30% of all views into watchers

My 2 cents

I sent a whole bicycle to n.ireland for under £14...

Doesn't matter whether you think bad spelling and punctuation affects some bodies willingness to bid or not - the fact is that it DOES.

If you're not willing to put the time and effort (which isn't much more) into a good auction advert, you won't get top money. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back