Early Kestrel in germany with good BIN

Looks like Wall-cote!! :D The stuff they spray onto pebble-dash or render to freshen it up. Or cover up the cracks!! :LOL:

andyz":2lgvaddg said:
Looks like Wall-cote!! :D The stuff they spray onto pebble-dash or render to freshen it up. Or cover up the cracks!! :LOL:
I had the same thought. If it were smooth paint, you'd be able to detect anomalies in the structure. With this type of coating, cracks would be impossible to detect.

If I bought it, I'd want to strip it to check for structural defects, but I wouldn't know how to strip paint from CF other than sand paper and a lot of time. I would think chemical stripping might react negatively with the epoxy that holds the CF in place, and sandblasting might destroy it.

The quality of the finish looks quite good, but I cant say that I like it.

I think sanding would be the only way. :LOL:

There's a whole tread on this on one of the German sites, I think it was saved and refurbished. I can't find it at the moment but saw it when I was looking around after I picked up mine.
The paint is always going to be hard to replicate as you can't put a lacquer over it. To be honest thought the black and white ones Retrobikeguy has look amazing so repainting is an option.
:cool:

Back