1995 Specialized FSR Suspension Debate

jimmy5willy

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got two FSR's that need new suspension.

Up front I've seen them with the Judy and Specialized Future FSX forks
And at the rear Fox Alps 4 air shock or RST Coil.

Which should I use? I think I'll have to go coil shock because I can't find a Fox Alps shock or afford a Risse jobby.
But up front I'm fortunate enough to have the chocie of either fork...

Discuss.

20110209SWorks1.jpg

p4pb4778971.jpg

the Risse is a top job shock ;)

But i found it hard to balance with my Judy SL's up front (eiback springs) without a fair bit of faffing. The same jusy feels much more in balance wiht the RS delux on my LTS.

the other option you can consider is a Cane creek AD (there are some on ebay de now for about 50 beer tokens)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Jimmy

I've just bought the frame (Pic 2)... did you get a shock for it and was it in good order when it left your stable?

Hey Ringo. No I didn't get a shock for it in the end. I have a new job which takes me out of the country most of the year so most of my projects are on hold and stashed away.

Hey Ringo, try a Cane Creek AD5 etc.
I have one on my Kona U'hu which had a Fox Alpes 5 and the Cane Creek weighs less than half of the Fox and works beautifully.

Thanks guys... frame has arrived and shock is good...

Funds will be needed for rest of build!

I run Pace RC-36 Evo 2 forks @ 80mm on my '95 S-Works. Hugely better than the stock FSXs, and still with the carbon theme. Also allow me to run a disc up front. The RC-36 Evo 3 have an integral disc mount but otherwise similar styling.

Back