Falcon Team Banana

Here is the almost finished item, just waiting for the right shape silver toe clips to be delivered. Maybe I'm biased as I think all my bikes look good but I think this one looks particularly gorgeous.

Now shortened the chain and fitted cage pedals, having remembered why toeclips do my head [And shins in].

Attachments

• Upload.JPG
    Upload.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSCF0110.JPG
    DSCF0110.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSCF0109.JPG
    DSCF0109.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSCF0105.JPG
    DSCF0105.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSCF0107.JPG
    DSCF0107.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,431
Hi guys seen your post and thought I would upload some pics and show you my Falcon Team Banana.

Attachments

• falc.jpg
    falc.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,379
Wow! That's great! I don't usually "Get" single speeds but I like that. It looks better with lenticuler wheels that I ever thought one could.

hahaha each to their own guys, I personally love my bike and think it looks awesome and to me that's all that matters ;)

Tel":q361ihnf said:
I presume you're being polite! That bike has just blinded me and scared me for life....
No, I like his bike. I'm not sure about that patio table, but I do like the bike!

waynemel":297z5n1e said:
Hi guys seen your post and thought I would upload some pics and show you my Falcon Team Banana.

I hope you have strong legs if you're planning on skid stopping that bugger.

hahaha yeh I don't like the table either (the wife does though) and yeh stopping it was a challenge to start but its quite nice now

Great looking restoration, I bought one of these new in mid 80's and still have it tucked away in the garage, pretty good nick - frame solid with only a rear wheel rub mark on the inside of the frame. No rust I can see. few odd blemishes, decals need replacing. Was going to restore it but now I know a little more about bike set ups I realise that I bought a bike that was too big for me when I was a teen!! The bike measures 62cm from centre of crank to top of seat post tube.
Would be prepared to swap the frame for a smaller size more fitting for a 5'9''1/2
Any large rider out there swinging their leg over a too small frame let me know!!!!

Not shown in picture - I have original saddle, front wheel, reflectors, pedals, bottle cage.

Attachments

• Image0227 (1024x768).jpg
    Image0227 (1024x768).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,223
Re:

While at work, a guy turned up on a vintage Raleigh which I mistook for a Team Banana. "That's not a Team Banana, but I've got one in the shed". I didn't realise there was a Falcon Team Banana, but 30 minutes later, this guy returned with one. £35 later and it was mine. It was in quite poor shape, but the frame and forks were in pretty good nick. Apart from the frame, forks and handlebars, everything has been replaced. I've wanted a fixie for a while, so that's the direction I went with the Falcon. I've kept the colours subtle, the original bar tape was wrecked, so I replaced it with black. I'm just waiting for the crank and new brakes to arrive and that'll be it done. I'll probably replace the seat, but that can wait for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 736

Latest posts

Back