Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
You know what I'm talking about here. Steel colnago or oversized klein. De rosa or Cannondale. Artisans vs engineers.

got to be euro steel, i have giant tcr (great) but ali, trek 5200 (better) but carbon fibre and a merckx cosa extra (THE BEST) and euro steel :!:

How about American steel though? Slim Chance, Sycip, Bruce Gordon, Rivendell, Vanilla and Waterford all spring to mind :D

Check out Bruce Gordons website for some lovely machines www.bgcycles.com go to the custom bike show specials......blimey!

Stu

Even though my current road bike is american , my heart is with european steel . i have an old Pinarello , and older Motocomfort , both campa equippped in france .

stu":1vk1y0ib said:
How about American steel though? Slim Chance, Sycip, Bruce Gordon, Rivendell, Vanilla and Waterford all spring to mind :D

Knew someone would bring those up. :LOL:

stu":1kfjd9hu said:

Knew someone would bring those up. :LOL: My poll kind of breaks down there, sure you get the idea though.

My roadie bike is American steel, but I'd choose an aluminium frame as my perfect ride. Lightweight, stiff, great power transfer. Lovely.

John":ejz4h2y6 said:
stu":ejz4h2y6 said:

Knew someone would bring those up. :LOL: My poll kind of breaks down there, sure you get the idea though.

Sorry John :oops: just me being awkward!

Stu

stu":24yjnjlm said:
John":24yjnjlm said:
stu":24yjnjlm said:

Sorry John :oops: just me being awkward!

Stu

Not at all. A lot of the smaller US builders follow on from the European builders in both ethos and style.

Euro

Euro steel all the way!

My dayna tech isn't the sleekest or the prettiest but when i am pushing 53 x 15 on a long smooth streach of tarmac it becomes a Motorola team Merckx (in my head!!) :LOL:

Lovely Sherriff stars btw John! ;)

Back