Ringlé Development Parts: ZOOKA STEM (picture heavy)

Could anyone help me out on a small mystery. I have some Ringlé parts that is new in box, where it says Sun Ringle on the box but where the parts are Ringlé parts... This both goes for some sun-of-bubba and suber-duper-bubba hubs, but also the Zooka stem. The stems are clearly very late as they have the lazer engraved logo. Some of the stems are boxed in Sun-Ringle boxes (some in neutral boxes). How late will these be? Help needed?

BTW:
I will make a sales post on this tonight... lots of 135mm stems in black and sliver and two real nice Moby posts (1993 and 1996 models in purple and red)

Attachments

• ringle 1 boxed in sun-ringle box.jpg
    ringle 1 boxed in sun-ringle box.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • ringle 1 boxed in NON marked box.jpg
    ringle 1 boxed in NON marked box.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,007
These are "genuine" Ringlé Components products. There was of course a transition between the business being bought and transferring to the Sun-Ringlé products. Probably around late 1997 or so. The address labels changed from New Jersey to Indiana with the move.
Sun moved the manufacturing offshore so the CNC machined parts gave way to forged parts and more mass-manufacturing techniques (cue lamenting discussion appropriate to all our favourite brands; the names got bought up, the brand dilutes, less special and cheaper, but also not so appealing)

I've had several of these here that people have sent to be re-anodsied, I've noticed on three different stems that the inside is very corroded (remove faceplate and look inside stem), the only reason I can think of is that it wasn't anodised when it was made. Perhaps they used a large bung which fitted inside the bore to connect the part for anodising, I don't know.

Are any of yours like this? Any ideas?

Anyone seen an Zooka road stem (negative) for some time? Looking of one and cant find out what was acutually out there in the 90es as they dont appear on the used part marked...

EDIT: From the 94 catalog it seems that only the 120mm road quill is in negative (12½ degrees). Im after such one if anyone bumps into one...

Just for confirmation, yes, the road stem was out there. One can be seen on the "Yeti Road Projects" features in the 1996 and 1997 catalogues. They didn't sell well, and a few have passed through my hands. I have one on one of my own Road Projects, but that is it. Sorry if this doesn't help much, but perhaps may motivate you to keep up the search knowing they exist.
26.0 though remember, so not good for Cinelli bars. Or as an alternative, some retro bars such as Scott and some 3t, were (and are) actually 25.4 out of the crate.

elite504":2st52d3i said:
Just for confirmation, yes, the road stem was out there. One can be seen on the "Yeti Road Projects" features in the 1996 and 1997 catalogues. They didn't sell well, and a few have passed through my hands. I have one on one of my own Road Projects, but that is it. Sorry if this doesn't help much, but perhaps may motivate you to keep up the search knowing they exist.
26.0 though remember, so not good for Cinelli bars. Or as an alternative, some retro bars such as Scott and some 3t, were (and are) actually 25.4 out of the crate.

Good to hear that they are actually out there. I Will keep looking. I May convert the bike (quantum ii) to ahead and run one of the 10degree 1" zooka flipped over. Need to be one of the old with sticker logo so it can be changed.

If you bump info one, please have me in mind.

Back