Splitting the road section into a separate site??

Splitting the road section into a separate site??

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 122 79.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
If it ain't broke, don't fix it :LOL:

I have the odd perv at the MTB section. Nothing to do with me as a roadie :) but it would be nice if the MTB for sale was split into bikes and components, same as the road.

I would go for splitting it,most folk on here will be members on more than one forum anyway and manage to flit between them at will so i dont see that it would make life more inconvenient to have a seperate road forum and if it allows the road side to be developed more then it has to be a good thing surely ?

I think that the two sections join in places - like General Off-topic and this may be lost a bit if there is a split.

What is the reasoning for a split? That is the bit i do not understand.

I cannot see an advatage of a split but i don't know much.

Richard

I'm not a roadie, but I do occasionally read the bits from that part of the site. I wouldn't join a road specific site, and would therefore miss this crossover, that is sometimes very interesting and informative

Like it as it is for the one-stop-shop retrobike so voted no. I started out as a roadie, switched to MTB in late teens - a few decades later found this site, and really enjoy looking in both the road and the MTB section. I just don't want to deal with more sites, user-ids, formats, passwords, profiles and other cyber crap. Would really like to see the CX and touring side of the road section develop.

I like the crossover as well. I doubt I would visit a dedicated road site but I love looking at some of the gorgeous builds on here and reading reports from L'Eroica and suchlike.

One more vote for keeping it all together in one place.

I seem to spend most of my time in the retro road section, but i've had MTB's on and off since the late 80's, so I enjoy a visit to the muddier side of the site every now and again, just to have a peek at the CNC bits i couldn't afford then and still can't now!.

It's a great site John. Thanks

Back