Is this over priced?

alans27

Old School Hero
Guys I've been chatting to a bloke on eBay who's selling a Raleigh Amazon. Now fair enough it looks mint, like brand new! Can't argue with it's condition.

But he wants £95 for it and I think that's too expensive. After all, it's not a dyna tec or m trax or anything like that. Just an Amazon from about 1993! The only reason I want it is because I had one whilst growing up and I guess I'm being sentimental.

But £95 quid??? That's too much surely? What do you think?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No it's not that one mate. I mean it's that type of bike, but the condition is like new. The listing has already ended on eBay for it but the buyer never paid the seller so it's on dispute whilst he claims his fees back.
But 95 pounds for an Amazon when the one you linked is just £20 and with tlc will look fine anyway. Hmm....

I'll post a link for it tonight when I get home to my laptop. As I say it is immaculate. But is it 95 quids worth of immaculate is the question???

alans27":11v3j99t said:
I'll post a link for it tonight when I get home to my laptop. As I say it is immaculate. But is it 95 quids worth of immaculate is the question???

Unlikely. But it's your money!

I'd say £95 is a bit high, even if it's mint. I paid £30 for a Claude Butler bicycle of a similar quality a couple of years ago, it was in good condition and had probably done less than 200 miles since new.

The Raleigh and my Claude Butler were inexpensive, entry level bikes when they were new, which means that they generally a bit heavy and have fairly cheap components. Heavy steel handlebars and stems, heavy seatposts and really cheap, low quality headsets and bottom brackets, which if they're anything like mine, won't last long once you start putting some miles in, even if they were perfectly serviceable when you got the bicycle.

I'm glad you're mainly of the opinion it's too dear because that's what I thought. I offered him sixty which I thought was a very generous offer... But I think he took the huff and was a bit arsey over it. His reply being if I want a bike for £60, go to Argos! lol! Ah the joys of eBay eh?

Back