The ultimate Pace accessory...?

Very nice story. I like a rider's loyalty towards a dependable bike. Hope the Kona gets the TLC it deserves.

My renovated Clockwork was nicked 10 days after moving to Cardiff and I've never seen it since and it was even Data tagged at much expense!!! [I have been told by motorbikers, which the data tag was originally designed for, that generally the police do not know how to operate the tag receivers and sweep them quickly over the seat tubes, which misses the tag's response, when they should sweep slowly, seeking out the tag.]

BTW, I think one or two of the photos posted are candidates for BOTM, especially the one in the woods with the sunlight through the branches; nice pic. :cool:

props dude that was one epic post, up there with the best on content and photos too

Cheers, guys! And I thought I was going to get shot for having riser bars and keeping it modernish...

I tried Pace for decals and they don't have them for the 1996 MXCD, so I went for RC35 ones instead, so at least there is something on there. Likewise the only frame decals I could find were from dnfive graphics, and they arrrived next day which was amazing. Are these F6, 7 or 8?

That said I only looked in the Pace shop where they don't list the frame decals for some reason, now I've seen on the site they list RC200 F5 decals, though at £30 a set.... ouch!
I think it looks stunning as it is after all...

To me a bike should be a rider so period correct isn't a big sticking point, I've never managed to get 100% period correct in any of my builds as I build to suit me and not the world

however

had you built a garage queen then I think you could expect to get flamed a little

Ride and enjoy.....

Retro Spud":30g6z1bn said:
To me a bike should be a rider so period correct isn't a big sticking point, I've never managed to get 100% period correct in any of my builds as I build to suit me and not the world

however

had you built a garage queen then I think you could expect to get flamed a little

Ride and enjoy.....

Exactly, the bikes an extension of you, as you did, I was always upgrading one bit at a time when I could afford it, newer parts to suit me, as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters

Stick "spokey dokeys" on it though .....expect some grief !

Where are you from with a name like Bryncrug? I used to live there!

Bryncrug72":10exaj9u said:
Retro Spud":10exaj9u said:

however

Ride and enjoy.....

Exactly, the bikes an extension of you, as you did, I was always upgrading one bit at a time when I could afford it, newer parts to suit me, as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters

Stick "spokey dokeys" on it though .....expect some grief !

Hi Rob

Bike looking really good mate, wish I'd kept it now :|

Really good to see it restored and bought up to spec, delighted your pleased with it ..regards Ian

Back